Am I in Need of a Body Lift or Would a Tummy Tuck Suffice? (photo)

I'm 35 years old and a mother to two young children 3 and 5. I'm 66kg or 145 pounds and 160cm or 5 foot 2 inches. I lost a large amount of weight when I was around 18 years old through diet and exercise probably close to 40kg. My weight is stable and has been for many years. I love my curves just not the loose skin and stubborn fat deposits. I don't want a flat bottom.

Body lift versus tummy tuck

+1
You should discuss this with a plastic surgery that has experience with body lifts and tummy tucks.  Your photos don't show much of your flanks and back, so it is difficult to assess your anatomy.

The body lift can treat the trunk and waistline completely and give a much more dramatic improvement in the right patient.  Body lifts are not just reserved for patients with severe skin and fat excess of the flanks and back. 

After weight loss: tummy tuck or body lift

+1

A tummy tuck removing the excess skin may be enough change, as your shape has natural curves that you like. A tummy tuck can limit the scar to only the front.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon