I'm 22 year old female. Do I need a brow lift? (photo)

lately I've been noticing that everyone around me (especially females) have eyebrows that sit a lot higher on the brow bone than me. there is only so much you can do with tweezing and shaping the brows. Is it normal that they are this low? or do i already need surgery at 22.. thanks for any help!

Brow lifting in a young person

+1
from your photographs, you're brows are naturally in a lower position then some other people but they are not abnormally low.  If you would like to elevate them, I would encourage nonsurgical options such as Botox, hyaluronic acid fillers, or treatment such as Ultherapy.  I would recommend against surgical brow lifting at age 22.  Best of luck!

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

I'm 22 year old female. Do I need a brow lift?

+1
I would not recommend a browlift at this point given your young age. As my colleagues have mentioned Botox can often create a more open eye, natural looking result without surgery. Every brow and every eye is different. Many models today actually have heavier brows than years ago and the aesthetic that dictated overly lifted and overly arched eyebrows is slowing disappearing. You could consider a browlift down the road but your best option at this point is likely Botox, Dysport or Xeomin to subtly raise and shape your brows. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift

+1
It is a little hard to tell from your photos. It does appear that you have naturally lower set eyebrows. Botox may give some improvement and certainly is cheaper and easier than surgery. 

Michael Hueneke, MD

+1
Your photos are not great for evaluation, but the eyebrow should be approximately 1 finger width above the orbital rim.  This surgery (coronal browlift) would give you an open eye with an arched eyebrow sitting 1 finger width above your rim.  You can try neuromodulators (Botox/Xeomin/Dysport) and this will give you a slight lift.   The browlift will be a permanent solution to your concern.

Brow Elevation

+1
Brows come in all different shapes and sizes.  Youth is determined by the shape of the brow and the fullness and skin elasticity of the infrabrow skin.  I would definitely recommend against surgery.  Perhaps consider a pharmacologic browlift using a neuromodulator like Dysport or Botox or Xeomin.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift

+1
Hi

You are right in that the average position of the eyebrow in a woman is just above the rim of the orbit. However there is a wide range of variation - having a low eyebrow is not necessarily abnormal.

Unfortunately the photos that you have posted do not show enough to allow us to comment. Please re-post with photos showing mid-face to hairline with views showing openand closed eyes.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon