It has been 3 and a bit days since I had botox, am I ok to be messaged?

I am getting a message today and it has been 3 and a bit days since I had botox in my forehead. I am concerned about the pressure on my forehead when I put my head into the hole in the table. Is this a concern?

+1

The day of treatment Its best to not manipulate the area that was treated, after the first 24 hours it's ok massage the area

Massage 3 days after Botox?

+1

This should not be an issue 3 days after treatment with Botox. You will generally want to avoid manipulating the area the day of treatment. I would recommend speaking with your provider, as they may have a specific guideline they would like you to follow. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

I typically suggest no facial manipulation on the day of injections but as it is three days after you should not encounter any issues.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Appropriate precautions after Botox treatment

+1

A few hours after treatment, Botox will have spread and been taken up into the neuromuscular junctions, so you are safe to manipulate those areas 3 days after treatment. I typically instruct my patients to avoid facial massages the day of injection.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

In a single word...no...

+1

you can rest assured the botox isn't going anywhere at this time...you can lie face down without any worry...you're safe to do whatever you want as far as the botox is concerned...enjoy

Ken Landow, MD

You can have a massage three days after Botox

+1

When you have a Botox treatment the medication attaches to the nerves very quickly. You would not want to push on the area for a few hours after treatment because there may still be some Botox in the fluid that was injected. However you certainly could have a massage the day following your treatment.

Hope this helps.

Nancy Swartz, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Massage after Botox

+1

This is a great questions as it is always wise to check with your provider prior to activity after procedures. In my practice, I have the patients wait 24 hours prior to starting any massage or facials. Hope you enjoy your results!

Rachel Pritzker, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

This is OK

+1

There will be no problem with a massage 3 days after Botox injections. I recommend no manipulation of the area for the first 24 hours, but by day 3, a massage will not cause any ill effects.

Syed O. Ali, MD
Houston Dermatologist