Am I a good candidate for Alar Base reduction? (Photo)

I had my primary surgery 1.1 years ago. I'm thinking that i potentially need alar base reduction under local. I'm not sure if i need to do anything to my tip to make it a bit more defined and thinner. Do you think i'm a candidate for alar base (under local) or do you think i need to do both tip and alar base reduction (under general?). Thank you.

Alar -plasty, Am I a good candidate for Alar Base reduction?

+1
Hello and thanks for your question.
An in person examination is needed to carefully evaluate all nasal and facial features.
I would recommend being evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon with great reputation.
In our practice we do alar reduction in many patients by removing a small wedge of skin. The amount and shape to be removed depends on the anatomic features.
Dr Sajjadian

Alar plasty candidate

+1
With the photographs presented, it is difficult to determine whether or not you are a candidate. The base view is the best view to determine candidacy for the alar plasty procedure. If you decide to perform the procedure, a small wedge of skin 3-4 mm in width can be removed from inside the nostrils to conservatively narrow the nasal base under local anesthesia, not general anesthesia

Alar base reduction

+1
This is not the best photo to judge, but it is likely reasonable in you. I almost always do this under very comfortable local anesthesia. The recovery is minimal.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Alar base reduction

+1
Although it is hard to tell with your eyes blacked out, it appears that your nostrils might be slightly wider than the distance between your eyes. Your surgeon will also look at your base view to determine whether the width exceeds the distance between your inner eye and whether alar base reduction would be possible. Alar base reduction can certainly be performed under local anesthesia as long as you would tolerate the injection of the numbing agent. Twilight anesthesia may be more comfortable for you. 

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon