Asymmetry of Breasts? (photo)

I am exactly 3weeks post op and I know that I must wait at least 6 months to see some real results but I am increasingly concerned with the noticeable asymmetry of my breasts. I had a reduction/lift with 325cc round high profile under the muscle implants. I am interested in your thoughts and opinions before I consult my own surgeon regarding this!

It is very early

+2

It is very early to assess symmetry and contour of your breasts after surgery.  Although the angle and lighting are not optimal, it appears from the preop image that you had some asymmetry of your breasts beforehand, and your left breast was larger than your right.  It appears now that you have slightly more fullness on the upper outer aspect of your left breast than on your right, and this could be due entirely to swelling of that breast or differences in tension between the tissues of the two breasts, all of which will improve with time as swelling resolves and tissues settle.  I tell my patients not to even worry about asymmetry in such instances for 3 or 4 months.  Usually it resolves sufficiently by then, and if not, we can certainly discuss plans to improve things then if need be.  But for now, it is way too early to have that chat.  Good luck.

Breast lift and augmentation results

+2

It looks like you have a very nice result. Remember no two breasts are exactly the same and there will be some asymmetry...always!

Asymmetry of Breasts?

+2

So far this looks like a nice improvement and a nice result. Small amounts of asymmetry are pretty much the rule early on, until the pectoral musces relax to accommodate the implants. Patience.

All the best. 

At three weeks this patient is doing pretty well.

+2

Minor asymmetries three weeks after breast surgery of any kind is quite normal. It looks to me as though you're going to have a very good result.

Breast Surgery

+1
It is extremely hard to make accurate diagnosis as well as giving crucial decision making clinical decision without an in person physical examination along with a length discussion, please see your local board certified plastic surgeon in your area. If you dont have a surgeon you can look at the american society of aesthetic plastic surgery website and search by zip code or postal code. I wish you the best success!

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Assymetry after Breast aug and lift

+1

Based on the photos, I can understand your concerns.  However, you are early in the healing process.  You will be surprised how much things improve over time.  I would recommend that you wait a bit longer before making any judgments.  In the interim, please relate your concerns to your plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

Hi,

It looks like you have an awesome result!!!! Any asymmetry you may see is not obvious from the photos you have sent, and certainly is a significant improvement on your preoperative asymmetry.

It is essentially impossible to be exactly symmetric but from what I can see you are pretty close.

I think in the early post operative phase it is easy to become aware of minor difference. Rest assured as you get used to your new body over time you will be very happy.

Best Wishes

Richard 

Richard Bloom, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon