I had Restylane injections in the troths under my eyes have resulted in excessive wrinkling. Is this normal/temporary? (photo)

5 months ago I had 2 syringes of Juvéderm injected in my eye troughs. After 2 months It move and exacerbated the circles/bags. I consulted another dr. He dissolve the Juvéderm & a week later injected 1 syringe of Restylane. It looked perfect. 5 days later I've noticed wrinkling under my eyes/troughs are visible again. My eyes looked perfect when I left. Is this normal/will it get better? It seems to be getting worse by the day. I sent pictures to my doctor and have an appointment next week.

A pre photo would be beneficial to assess the result of treatment.

+1
A pre photo would be beneficial to assess the result of treatment. Swelling is a common side effect of under eye injections and typically lasts 2 weeks. At 2 weeks you should know the complete result of your treatment. 

If you continue to have this issue you may want to discuss a lower lid blepharoplasty for a more permanent solution and perhaps better result. 

All the Best. 

Wrinkling Under the Eyes

+1
Hi Pam. It would be helpful if you posted a picture of yourself before the injections. This would help us determine if you are a good candidate for procedure and get a look at the wrinkles as they existed before treatment.

With that said, we are wondering if the injectors that you visited used an injection technique referred to as "under the muscle".  This technique places the Restylane below the muscle that surrounds the eyes.  It typically results in a more uniform appearance for the lift provided as well as much less trauma to the skin than a superficial injection technique.  If the injectors did NOT use the technique and go deep under the muscle then you may consider finding someone that does use this method as it may lead to better results.

You will probably not know how you will look until after 1-2 weeks to if you still have the wrinkles at that point, then they are unlikely to go away unless they were caused by superficial injections.  

To view examples of Long Beach, CA before and after pictures for under eye wrinkles, check the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD