Which kind of breast implants would be best for me? I'd like to have cleavage, look natural, no larger than a C cup. (Photo)

Saline vs silicone vs the other options? I am 24 years old with no children but plan to have kids in the future. I want more full breasts but do not want that "balloon under your nipple" look.

Which kind of breast implants would be best for me? I'd like to have cleavage, look natural, no larger than a C cup.

+2
Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.   Personally, I think that you should do well with either saline or silicone but, given your body type I would tend to lean towards the use of silicone gel breast implants.  In regards to more specific advice, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to  very helpful.  Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.   Therefore, I ask that my patients not base their communication preoperatively OR  their satisfaction with the outcome of surgery postoperatively, on achieving a specific cup size. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers, viewing the patient's breasts in the upright and supine position, are very helpful during the breast implant selection process.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.  Best wishes.

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™

+1
I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.At size 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.At size 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal.In your photographs, your breasts are far apart and you have very little cleavage.It is possible that you may benefit from a lift and I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best breast implants to look full, natural and no larger than a C cup.

+1
Fortunately you have excellent breast anatomy and are likely to have an excellent result from breast augmentation done by an expert.

Most patients today choose silicone gel breast implants because they feel more natural than saline and are less likely to have visible folds

When possible, and certainly possible for you based on your photos, most surgeons place breast implants beneath the chest muscle because this location has less chance of capsular contracture.

You need a formal examination and sizing system evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon to choose your size.  Since you do not want the full distended look I would suggest an implant no larger than 350-400 cc and moderate profile plus shape breast implants tend to give more cleavage than a high profile implants.

For more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Choosing the correct implants

+1
It is important to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon you are comfortable with after reviewing their credentials. I see and examine each patient my self. After an exam and measurements there are multiple options including trying on sizes. I also use Crisalix which is a 3D program that allows me to put your pictures into and give you an idea what your breasts will look like with implants. 

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Breast implants

+1
Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos alone, it looks like you are likely a great candidate for breast augmentation and will likely have an excellent result.  I would recommend you consider a breast augmentation with a dual plane technique with silicone implants.  In terms of breast implant sizing, there are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1
This is probably the most frequently asked question.

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 C and a 38 C are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Artistry in breast augmentation requires individualization

+1
It takes personal communication between doctor and patient to arrive at proper choice of implant type, implant size and its placement.  Each choice delivers different outcome in result.  When you are serious about proceeding you should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and discuss different options.
That is the best way to get a serious answer.

Vasdev Rai, MD