What Are Items I'll Need After a BB?

I'm extremely interested in booking one soon, but I want to have a list of unexpected expenses. I've heard a boppy pillow, but I'm unsure what for. I've also heard to save up money for massages. Any experienced doctors/patients with advice? -Best

What do you need for recovery after the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+2

My first recommendation would be to not listen to the many suggestions you hear about and read on the internet.  If you like a specific surgeons results, follow what they tell you to do exactly.   I have been doing this procedure for over 15 years and there is nothing more frustrating than when a patient comes in and tells me that they are doing something that they read on the internet that is totally against what I would recommend.  
My rule is......  If you want the results you see my patients obtaining, follow the recommendations that I give you exactly..... or at least as closely as you can.   Many of the things you read on the internet, including some of what you mentioned, makes absolutely no logical sense when you understand what is actually taking place in your body after this procedure.  Follow your surgeons instruction.  If you are unsure about something, call them and ask.  That is what you are paying them for!

Items Needed after BBL

+1

Now that is a very thoughtful question! It is sometimes surprising the unexpected expenses and changes to lifestyle that one experiences after a procedure.  For buttock augmentation most of your costs will center around your compression garments (you will need at least two, so that one is always clean). Consider extra pillows to add support to your body since you will not be sitting for two weeks as well as extra sets of bed linen, towels, mattress covers as your liposuction sites may leak. To stave off boredom during recovery you may require more books, movies, food deliveries.  The massage is a good idea too at the right time, so speak to your surgeon before embarking on that one. Good Luck with your procedure! Let us know of any additional unexpected expenses you incurred so we can pass it on to our patients.

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

BBL

+1

I would advise you not to listen to hear say and a lot of the folklore that is more myth than fact about the brazilian butt lift. Listen to your surgeon

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Other expenses with surgery

+1

Other expenses associated with Brazilian Butt lift:  labs, prescriptions, stage I garment (usually included), stage II garment, pillow, vitamins, arnica (if you believe in it), scar cream (if you want it), massages (can often be done by you and your partner), etc.

Dennis Dass, MD

Preparation for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hello. Before the Brazilian Butt Lift, I recommend that you buy your prescription medications that the doctor recommends, extra garments to provide adequate compression of the area, and plenty of fluids and soup for the first night. Massages to the area can be beneficial to the healing process as well. It is most important that you follow the instructions of your surgeon for post-operative care and ask them if you have any questions or concerns. Best of luck!

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Brazilian Buttlift Expenses

+1

At our office, massage and garments are included in the fee, but every plastic surgeon has a different policy on this.  You should definitely have a compression garment appropriate for the areas liposuctioned.