Bad Botox Job Still Present After 8 and 1/2 Months?

First time Botox for mild forehead, crow's feet, frown line. Immediately afterwards my eyelids puffed up. I had a second treatment to fix it. Almost 9 months later, my eyebrows still "puff-up" when I smile and where there there once normal smile lines (crow's feet) my eyelids puff and crease in a very unnnatural looking way whenever I smile. I am becoming very concerned that this is still so prominent after almost 9 months! My eyelids are also still slightly puffy. How long can this last for???

Botox Results and Reactions

+1

Thank you for your question. Botox can last up to 3 months and result is not permanent. I would recommend seeing your primary MD to assess the condition, such as puffiness around the eyes and rule out any medical condition. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

+1

Botox last 3-4 months, most likely the puffiness was already there before the injection. I advise to see your medical provider for your concerns.

9 months post Botox injection

+1

It would be a good thing to look at some before and after pictures. Any Botox from that injection date should be out of your system by now (usually metabolized in 3-4 months).

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Duration of Botox effect

+1

Though you may have experienced some swelling immediately after injection, it is unlikely the symptoms you are experiencing now are secondary to those injections.  You and your physician may want to explore other potential causes of the puffiness you are describing.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Please see a doctor

+1

The effects of botox should only last about 3-4 months. What you are experiencing is probably unrelated to your botox surgery. I recommend that you see a doctor as soon as possible. 

Best of luck, Dr. Marefat

Saeed Marefat, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Poor result from Botox still visible after 8.5 months?

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the side effects you are experiencing. In general, Botox lasts for an average of three months. What you are experiencing may not be the result of your Botox treatment, and there may be another issue that needs to be addressed. I would recommend following up with your provider and explaining the issue to him or her. They know the extent of your treatment and may be able to provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

The effects of Botox, Dysport and Xeomin don't last beyond 3-4 months.  You might want to see an allergist or eye doctor to evaluate this issue further.

Very unusual problem since all effects of botox should be long gone...so whatever

+1

the problem is, it's unlikely to be due to the botox...in fact the botox wears off your crow's feet long before it's gone from the glabella...and it never hangs around this long...you need to see your doctor and look at the before and after pictures...amazing how informative they might be...if your eyebrows puff-up and you have problems with your crow's feet, it's likely that you have an issue beyond the botox...sorry you have an issue irrespective of the cause but you can safely rule out botox as a likely culprit

Ken Landow, MD

Puffy eyelids nine months after Botox

+1

Austin, It would be almost unheard of to have the effects of Botox around for so long. DO you have before treatment photos. Patients often do not take a good look at themselves until they are post treatment and evaluating it. DO you have any before and after photos that you can share with us?

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox and longevity

+1

Cosmetic Botox treatments won't last 9 months, closer to 3-4. Without seeing before and after photo's, it is very difficult to know what your specific concern is, but 9 months post-treatment it wouldn't be related.

Sam Naficy, MD