Am I a Good Candidate for Cheek Implants or a Mini Facelift? (photo)

I have had a Nose job just recently and am going in for a revision i hear t's quit common. while i am doing this i would like to have a cheek augmentation along with my revision. Would i be a good candidate for this procedure ive had filler but they never last long enough and truly believe that a mini facelift or cheek implants are the way to go.... I guess its also important to state im transgendered and the ultimate goal is to look feminine youthful and NOT over done!! Im 27

Cheek implants

+3

Hello and thank you for your question.  Yes, the procedure, either an implant or a mini lift could make a more feminine Ogee. that said, you have to be certain you have a complete consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to ensure that they are qualified to do the procedure.  As well, get references and make sure they are well versed in transgender transformations and they understand that you want a softer look and not hard, fake or angular.  Long term fillers are also an option for you such as Sculptra.  This product will aid your body in creating it's own collagen.  It take three treatments to complete the series however, the results last years.  The effect of filler like sculptra is very soft and subtle.

Good luck with your procedure.

Dr. M.

Am I a Good Candidate for Cheek Implants or a Mini Facelift?

+2

A fuller look to the upper cheek would help meet your goals. This can be cheek implants or fat grafting. Other fillers are also fine but have a relatively short longevity due to absorption.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Cheek augmentation vs facelift

+2

Dear Shannon

You don't have sagging skin in the neck, jowls or mid face so pulling the skin back, i.e. a lift procedure will achieve very little. Augmenting the cheek area help create a more youthful and attractive mid face that will also make the nose look a little bit smaller. if you use an implant you should have the implant placed as high up the cheek as possible. Implants have limitations in where they can be placed. I find better contouring can be achieved using injectable agents. You can chose between permanent and temporary materials. Injectables can easily be placed between the cheek and the eyelid and also more to side to really sculpt a more attractive shape. 

Best wishes

Curtis Perry MD

Curtis Perry, MD
Agoura Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I perform many Cheek Augmentations with filler (I prefer Perlane) and Cheek Implants and from the photos provided, your cheeks are already full and round.  Cheek Implants would not make your face more naturally attractive in that instance however, your chin is very weak making the entire lower face appear off-balance.  A Chin Augmentation with a chin Implant would balance the lower face.  A minimal incision Facelift would remove excess skin and make the acne scars less visible.

The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Crow's Feet Lift Can Accent Flattened Cheeks

+1

In cases, particularly in younger people, where wrinkles are not troublesome or prominent, but there is an undesirable flattening of the upper cheek regions, I have found that the use of the Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Crow's Feet Lift, a procedure designed for smoothing wrinkles at rest in  is also an an excellent method for improving the contour and projection in this region. As opposed to a regular nonsurgical cheek augmentation, the Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Crow's Feet Lift imparts a more subtle accenting of the cheekbones that can be aesthetically quite pleasing.

Using the principles of vectoring with volumizing fillers (see The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Facelift, The 3D Vectoring Necklift, and the The 3D Vectoring Browlift for further explanation), the region over the bone within the fixed (nonmobile) area of the cheek directly in front of the ear is used as an access point to instill "strands," "strains," or threadlike amounts of the volumizer in a fan shape distribution over the mobile crow's feet (periorbital) area and extending onto the cheek. Requiring only a tiny amount of local anesthesia to numb the entry points, the procedure is relatively painless and takes only a few minutes on each side to perform.

As a rule, immediate rounding and greater cheek prominence is seen following the procedure. However, as with the other Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Lifts, continued improvement is anticipated over the next six to eight weeks as new collagen (neocollagenesis) occurs in response to the presence of the injected material.

Occasionally, if the region immediately below the cheek projection requires greater fullness, a nonsurgical midface rejuvenation can be performed with the use of volumizing agents, such as Radiesse or Radiesse combined with Juvederm Ultra Plus XC (in the U.S.) and Radiesse combined with Juvederm Voluma (which will soon be available in the U.S.)

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Cheek augmentation or a mini facelift

+1

The goal of a cheek implant is to give more volumetric augmentation cheek area when it is flat. Cheek implants  come in a variety of sizes and shapes and are inserted through intra-oral approach.   The goal of a mini facelift is to tighten the jowls and loose facial skin. Most people at age 27 do not have laxity of their facial skin.  The link below to our photo  gallery demonstrates face lifting and cheek implants.

Submalar Cheek Implants for Female Facial Enhancement

+1

A cheek implant is what will be effective for you, not any type of a lift as you have no real loose or hanging facial skin. But not just any cheek implant will be effective but a submalar variety would be best to place the augmentation in a cheek zone that is more appropriate for a female face. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cheek Implants or Mini Facelift

+1

You are an excellent candidate for cheek  implants. With the pictures you submitted I don't think a lift is necessary but a chin implant will improve your neck contour and help to define your jawline. 

Mini lift or cheek implants for TG patient.

+1

This is a common question of my TG patients in the past 35 years. No lift! Small cheek implants so as not to creat a disproportionate face and filler to your nasolabial creases. 

Cheek implant or Mini Facelift

+1

I would recommend fuller cheeks with combined malar/submalar implants. This can also be achieved with fillers, fat etc.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon