How will prior lipo affect BBL? (photo)

I had tumalescent lipo to my stomach, flanks and back 8 years ago. Since then I gained 30 lbs which I recently lost. I am scheduling appts for BBL. How will my prior lipo affect the outcome of the lipo BBL? Current stats: 5'5" 145 lbs 49 yrs old. Super healthy as I'm on NO meds. Nonsmoker.

How will prior lipo affect BBL?

+2
The liposuction needed to obtain enough good transferable fat would most likely leave you with irregular appearing skin due to the 8 year ago lipo. But only IN  PERSON evaluations allows a definitive response. BTW the "dream" result is unrealistic for you. 

How will prior lipo affect BBL?

+1
Thank you for your question, you seem like an excellent candidate for the Brazilian butt lift, previous liposuction will not affect your results, full liposuction can be done and this fat can be injected into buttocks and hips for a beautiful hourglass shape.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Effect of prior surgery on your BBL

+1
Your results will not be affected by your prior surgery.  A big part of your surgery will be in suctioning around the butt to sculpt it and allow the change provided by adding fat to be more dramatic. There looks to be enough fat to liposuction out and reinject to give you a dramatic improvement.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Previous Liposuction

+1
Hello, thank you for your question. Previous liposuction does not impede you from getting another one specially 8 years afterward when it has totally healed, so yes you should get a wonderful result with the revision BBL. With that said, previous liposuction leaves scar tissue in between your fat layer, when you do a second liposuction, first of all, skin does not respond as well by contracting, as it did the first time, secondly, fat can and will be harvested, but not in the same volumes as before, and it comes out with a lot of that scar tissue, so your surgeon has to separate scar from fat before injecting it back, and in the end, you just don't get the volume you actually hoped for, finally, the more liposuction you have, the more unwanted skin changes like lumps  are to remain. Again, it's not like you will have a bad result, just try and make it your last trip for liposuction. Good luck

Jose A. León, MD

How will prior lipo affect BBL?

+1
At least 25% of my patients have had previous liposuction or BBL, and you will need a plastic surgeon is comfortable and adept with revision surgery.  I will say that I can achieve in 2 hours in the operating room what cannot be achieved by a lifetime in the gym.

Try to research this to find the surgeon who consistently produces the results you would expect. Look at reviews on this site and see who gets the surgery right every time.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.