Breast Reduction and Lift DD to D. Safe to Get Size For new Bras and Purchase?

I recently had a breast reduction and lift. I went from a DD to a C. I have not had any pain or soreness what so ever. My nipples have been a tad tender is all. My question is when is it safe to go get sized for new bras and go purchase? I would hate to invest money in new items and they not fit down the road. Thanks!

Buying bras after breast reduction

+1

I agree with my colleagues that it will take up to six months for you to reach your final size and shape. However, to continue to use your old bras that long is probably unreasonable. I recommend to my patients that they use their old bras in the immediate post-operative period when there is still drainage as the bras will become stained and can then be thrown away. A few relatively inexpensive bras will need to be purchased that fit your new size and then after size and shape become stable at several months, you can go out and get whatever you want with the expectation that you will be able to wear it out. I hope this helps you decide what to purchase and how much to spend.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Sizing after breast reduction

+1

I am glad that your experience has been over all positive after your breast reduction.  AS for bra  sizing, it is probably best to wait until things have settled down.  It usually takes 4-6 months for this to occur.

Bra Shopping after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

I would suggest that you postpone  buying expensive bras for about 6 months after you have undergone the procedure. You will find that, during this time,  your breasts will likely  continue to change.