Will augmenting my chin with fillers make it sag later when it wears off?

I am worried that if I used a filler to augment my weak chin, it will sag when the filler wears off and I will have to continue using the filler for the rest of my life, so, is that true or not? and what would be the best filler?

Worries about using fillers for chin augmentation

+2
The amount of filler used to augment a chin would be fairly weightless in real terms. If you need a lot of augmentation in that area, then fillers aren't the best answer anyway.

In terms of which filler would be best my recommendation is to go with a hyaluronic gel. This could be dissolved if for some reason you didn't like it. Recently available is Voluma which is a denser gel and a good choice for chin augmentation and cheekbones. Plus it lasts longer than any of the other HA gels.

If you want to "try on" a filler, then a more short term gel such as Restylane or Juvederm would be an option - and less expensive than Voluma.

There are fillers that are termed semi-permanent, but if you've never had filler in the area, you could regret the choice and those fillers are not removable.

In the instance that your weak chin requires more than filler, then an implant or even surgery that moves the bone forward is another option. 

And "sometimes", a re-balance of the facial contours above the chin with fillers or Sculptra pulls the focus up and away.

Do some research and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon or a board certified dermatologist who does a lot of feature correction with fillers.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Fillers for weak chins won't cause sagging later.

+1
Chin implants really are the best answer for correcting chins but fillers such as radiesse or voluma do well for a temporary fix such as 1 yr.. sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Chin and sagging after filler?

+1
I doubt you would have a sagging chin if you have filler placed in your chin area and the material resorbs.  Best to be seen in person. Good luck.