Will Augmented Breasts Change After Breast Feeding?

I am thinking about having my breasts augmented but I wanted to see what effect breast feeding will have on the appearance down the line.

+1
Breast implants do not necessarily change position or shape after pregnancy.
However, the overlying breast tissue and/or skin does often change. The exact change the specific patient will experience during or after pregnancy is not predictable. Some common changes seen with the breasts  after pregnancy include " involutional  hypoplasia" (breasts  become smaller)  and/or breast ptosis (" drooping"). The changes the breasts experience may be related to genetic factors, skin elasticity changes, hormonal effects, and/or weight gain/loss around the time of pregnancy.
The changes that the overlying breast tissue and/or skin undergo after pregnancy may  cause the breast implant to appear “changed” after the pregnancy. For example, if the patient loses breast tissue volume after pregnancy, the breast implant may become more exposed and the patient may feel (rippling)  or see the implant more so than before pregnancy.
I ask my  patients to follow up with me  approximately 3 months after they have stopped breast-feeding to evaluate the breasts  and the underlying breast implants.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Augmented Breasts Changes with Pregnancy/Breast Feeding

+1
Breast Shape After Breast Feeding and Breast Implants
Breast feeding is a difficult and complex event that affects all women and specifically their breasts differently. The one thing it will not change is the implant itself, which will have the same characteristics as when if was first place. For example, if your breasts grow several sizes with pregnancy and breast feeding or you gain substantial weight then it is very likely you will have sagging afterwards and benefit from a breast lift or other mommy makeover procedures.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body/mommy-makeover/

Implants and breast feeding

+1

It is hard to predict how the breast feeding will affect the final shape of the breasts after you stop breast feeding.  Everyone responds differently.

VIDEO (CLICK BELOW) Nursing and breast feeding after breast augmentation

+1

The appearance of augmented breasts after lactation, nurisng and breast feeding, will vary depending on the extent of breast engorgement, skin laxity, relative skin elasticity, implant size and implant placement. However, there is certainly to be some degree of ptosis (sagging). The degree of ptosis is not necessarily predictable.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Pregnancy can change your breast.

+1

Hi,

It is actually the pregnancy that has the effect on your breast. Your breasts will enlarge or become smaller regardless of whether you breastfeed or not. To what degree this will effect you is unknown. Also, these changes will only be magnified with the implants. It may be best to wait until after you are finished having children to avoid any further surgeries. However, if this is not in the near future, you could go ahead with the breast augmentation, but you may need a lift down the road. Definitely schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon if this is something you are considering and express your concerns with pregnancy.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy

+1

In general, most womens breasts undergo changes during pregnancy and breast feeding. Those changes are hard to predict and everyone reacts differently. Genetics has a lot to do with it. But, yes your breasts will change during and after pregnancy, how much cant say. Most women who undergo breast augmentation prior to pregnancy, usually wind up having a second operation once they are done with having kids. At that point it is common to need a breast lift.

One thing I will point out is that in general the less breast tissue you have to begin with the least amount of changes your breasts will go under during and after pregnancy. This is not a rule though.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com

Pregnancy, Breast Feeding, and breast appearance

+1

Dear Ban,

Even without having breast augmentation, pregnancy and breast feeding will change the appearance of your breasts. These effects will be amplified by implants (as your skin will have less reserve), and the larger the implants, the more noticeable the changes will be. If you are considering children in the near future, I'd suggest getting the implants after wards to get the best long term result. If children are a distant thought, then it is reasonable to go ahead and get implants, but don't go for overly large implants. It's smart to ask for the opinions of many qualified surgeons, and then form your own.

Best regards,

Dr.B

Web reference: http://www.drmichaelbogdan.com

Breast augmentation and pregnancy

+1

It's not even breast feeding that changes the breasts, what actually makes the difference is pregnancy. You could avoid breast feeding completely and you would still notice the breasts to enlarge and deflate after the child is delivered.

Perhaps waiting until you're done with children is best for you, after all it seems to really be on your mind. That's what I recommend to patients who are about to birth a baby.

The breast shape could change with pregnancy

+1

Pregnancy and delivery will result in physical changes in your breast. If you are planning to have a child now or in the very near future,it might be better to wait until you finish pregancy and nursing. However,most patients have the breast surgery followed later by the child birth. A revision could always be done later.

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/

Many changes can happen during pregnancy

+1

It is almost impossible to accurately predict the effect of pregnancy on augmented breasts. In general if your breasts are small then it is unlikely that they would change much but it is totally unpredictable. There is always the possibility of stretching of the skin and loss of superior breast volume with pregnancy.