How Soon Can You Have a Augmentation, Mastopexy Fixed? (photo)

I had a mastopexy&replaced saline with silicone implants due to cap.contracture on 11/30/12.My original implants were placed above the muscle.my Dr&I decided to go below the muscle.Before surgery I had asked my doctor if he was still going to go under the muscle & he said yes.Today He said he went above..Is there anything I can do about him changing what we discussed while I was under anesthesia?Can I have them redone right away?

How Soon Can You Have a Augmentation, Mastopexy Fixed?

+1

I can certainly understand from the narrative and the photos the reason for your dissatisfaction. I can also understand that you would like to have a resolution as soon as possible.

I would urge some patience, and awaiting at least about three months. This period will not likely result in enough improvement to leave you satisfied with the outcome, but will allow some settling of the implants, and decrease is swelling, so that your surgeon, be it the current one or another of your choosing, can properly plan a procedure that will approach your goals. I would expect a recommendation of using smaller implants, and completely redoing the lift to include the current scar pattern plus and incision in the breast fold.

Thanks for sharing your story and photos. All the best. 

Problems with revision breast surgery

+1

You are very early after your breast surgery revision.  If there are questions about the exact surgical technique used then your plastic surgeon is in the best position to tell you what was done and why choices were made intraoperatively.  It is not unusual,  especially in revision surgery, to have to alter the surgical plan based on anatomical problems especially when it comes to blood supply to the nipple and areolar area.  If you had a previous breast augmentation and were now having a revision of the mastopexy and a re-augmentation there can be problems with skin and nipple viability.  When faced with this possibility, as a surgeon, we need to do the safest operation.  

Changing implants to submuscular

+1

I would not do anything now.  It is relatively simple to convert your implants to under the muscle.  I would wait several months until the wounds are more mature and then discuss with your surgeon.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

+1

Unless there is an infection or other severe issue than I advise wait 3 to 6 months before revision. 

Breast Surgery Revision

+1

I am sorry for your outcome.  There are some concerning aspects about your result.  You should wait at least 3 months to have a reevaluation for revision.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Fixing a lift and augmentation

+1

I think that at this point you need to wait at least 3 months or longer for things to settle down before considering having any kind of revision.

You need to discuss these with your surgeon and wait 3 months for revision

+1

You need to wait and continue to see your surgeon. The final results will take at least 3 months. The decision to go below or above the muscle would not have changed the final result in your case. You will need to down size your implant and may need full breast lift.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy after Revisionary Breasts Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although your concerns/anxiety is understandable, it is simply much too early to evaluate the end results of surgery and to determine whether additional surgery will be necessary. No, I do not suggest that you have “them redone right away”.

On the other hand, I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and communicate your questions/concerns in a calm/constructive fashion. He will be in the best position to answer questions precisely. Otherwise, you may find that the advice you received from online consultants ( who have only very limited information)  cannot be precise enough to be meaningful.

If, still concerned or in doubt, a second opinion consultation with board certified plastic surgeons in your area may be helpful to you.

Breast revision

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I think its fair to say that you may benefit from a revision but what type of revision and when to perform it would require a careful evaluation of what was done and what your goals are.  I think you will have more options if you allow healing to occur.  The skin will relax and the implant will form a new capsule.  At that time you can decide on what you would like to accomplish.  One thing to consider is that if your would like your nipple/areola higher up on the breast mount some of your tattoo might be involve and removed.  Have a heart to heart discussion with your plastic surgeons about your concerns and how to amicably go forward from here.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD