Augmentation Rhinoplasty. Need Recommendations For Revision?

Hi a year and a half ago i had surgery with 2 doctors 1. ENT 2.Cosmetic doctor - the ent worked on my septum and the "cosmetic doctor" had to make my tip smaller . instead he carved rim grafts from the remaining septal cartilage and place it into precise pockets in the tip of my nose the result : bigger nose !!! i'm in l.a area and will appreciate any help with solution with this matter or referral to the RIGHT doctor that can take it out thanks a lot

Hi There,

Here is a link that may help you with your research:

http://www.realself.com/Revision-rhinoplasty/drs

Hopefully this helps!

Revision for augmentation rhinoplasty

+1

Rim grafts typically do not increase the size of the tip, but they can cause some flaring of the alar rim (nostril) when not carefully placed.  Simply removing the rim grafts is a simple procedure, but may not achieve the   Regardless of the cause of your unsatisfactory tip refinement, revision surgery should be able to improve it.  Two excellent revision rhinoplasty specialists in LA are Dr. Paul Nassif and Dr. Babak Azizzadeh.  

Augmentation rhinoplasty and revision

+1

It should be rather straightforward to remove the cartilage of the alar grafts.  This could probably be done under local anesthesia if the patient can tolerate the injections.  It is also important to make sure that there is excellent breathing through the nose prior to removing the graft.  If the nostrils are still quite wide, consideration for alarplasty should be made.

+1

A revision rhinoplasty is possible to improve these issues. The rim grafts can be removed, a tip graft can be placed or both to try to give you the nasal appearance that you desire. Seek a Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive revision rhinoplasty experience. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bigger nose after tip grafting

+1

It would be useful to see your prior operative report to see the additional details, but it should be possible to remove or revise your rhinoplasty at this stage. In some cases rim grafts can lead to increased nostril flaring which can also be treated.

It would be best to visit with an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon to see what your options are at this stage.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Revision of Augmentation Rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately over the past 35 years I've seen numerous patients like yourself who had similar problems after their rhinoplasty. Your tip can be reduced and refined by a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty surgery.