Augmentation of Nasal Width

Is it possible to increase the width of the bridge? I am having revision rhinoplasty to augment my nose/ radix & bridge. My PS will be using a graft from my ear. I'm just wondering how easy it is to augment the width of the nose as well? not a whole lot just to make it more substantial? If possible how should I present my thoughts to my PS. Thank you?

Augmentation of Nasal Width

+1

The  width of your nasal bridge can be increased during the revision rhinoplasty. You and your surgeon will decide how much is necessary and what should be used. Simply discuss your thoughts with your surgeon as you have with us.

WIding the nose

+1

It is difficult to say what exactly needs to be done without an exam. However, the nasal width can be widened with grafts and bony work sometimes.

Augmentation of Nasal Width

+1

Without photos, of your nose, I can't apply the proper aesthetics of nasal and facial beauty that are essential in creating naturally beauty, IMHO.  The question isn't whether, or not something like making the nose wider can be done.  It's whether that procedure will make you more attractive or not.  Be sure that the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.  

Augmentation of Nasal Width

+1

Hi,

Yes it is possible to augment the nasal width. The correct pocket and material should be used to raise the bridge and radix. Ear cartilage may not be enough depending on how much augmentation needs to be done. I prefer to use a custom carved silastic implant.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS