I Had Augmentation & Lift 3 Years Ago. Experienced Capsular Tear, And Still Have Discomfort. What To Do?

I had augmentation, under muscle, Mentor, with lift, 430 cc about 3 years ago. September 2011 I woke up with 70% of my right breast bruised. It was the weekend so I went to the emergency room where the doctor called my plastic surgeon. I was told that the bruising/severe pain was caused from a capsular tear after seeing my surgeon. Now 6 months later I am still experiencing discomfort and more so burning throughout my breast and nipple. Again, only one breast and 3 years post surgery, no injury.

Pain years aft augmentation

+1
Persistence of pain is unusual. You may be developing capsular contracture if your breast/implant is feeling harder and the implant is starting to move upward towards the axilla. You should speak with your board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you at this stage and to discuss options for your symptoms.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Pain after capsular tear?

+1

Capsular contractures can cause pain. This may or may not be the cause of your discomfort. It is best to be evaluated by your surgeon.