Had Augmentation in 01, Went from A to D Cup,saline,under Muscle, Have Chronic Thoracic Back Since 07. Mri Negative?

Large Implants and Back Pain

+1

With a negative MRI, the back pain may be the result of the larger implants.  However, overall weight gain may play a role in this as well.

Back pain with a D cup?

+1

Thanks for your question. Sometimes having bigger breast can contribute to back pain, specially if they are saggy breasts too. I'm glad you're MRI is negative, but be sure a full work up has been done before undergoing breast surgery. best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Back pain

+1

The answer to your problem may lie in the process of elimination. I would recommend you consider a chiropractic consultation and also a good body worker to rule out more easily correctable issues like trigger points. However, as previously suggested, you may also need to consider reducing the weight of the implants and go smaller. Good luck.

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Back pain and large implant augmentation

+1

Thank you for the question. Although your back pain started 6 years after the augmentation, your symptoms could be related to this. When we see patients for breast reduction surgery, the main complaint is upper back and neck pains with shoulder grooving from the bra. Some women although have nerve compression just under the clavicle and this results in numbness or tingling in the little and part of the ring fingers. You should see a board certifieplastic surgeon for evaluation. If it is your implant size that causes these symptoms, I suggest deflating your implants, allowing your tissues to tighten up. Then you can see if your back pain goes away. You might elect to have re-augmentation with a smaller implant or fat graft augmentation. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Chronic Thoracic Back

+1

It is not uncommon to see large busted  patients improve their back pain after breast reduction surgery.  During over two decades I don't know of patients who developed back pain related to implants, but it is certainly possible. 

Apparently you have had no problems the first six years, and this has developed since that time. 

If you are thinking about removing the implants or reducing their size, discussions with your surgeon and back specialist are in order. There is not test that will predict whether or not you could expect improvement. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Breast Augmentation and Thoracic Back Pain?

+1

Although I am not certain, I think you are wondering whether your breast implants may be a cause of ‚Äúchronic thoracic back" pain.  As you can imagine, on line consultants will not be able to provide you with precise advice. You will be much better off seeking consultation person with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.