Would my Ethnic Rhinoplasty be Improved with A Silicone Implant?

hi. ive recently had a medpor implant placed and a columeller strut taken from the rib as the ear strut was unsuccessful. what i would like to know is, if i had hypethetically a silicon nasal implant would the look of my nose be different. although i would love to have my old nose back again due to a doctors negligence i still feel the tip area lacks the once long projected nose i once had, including the nasiolable angle. would a implant in the tip instead of rib given a better result?

Use of implants for revision rhinoplasty

+1

Each surgery increases scar tissue and increases the chance for complications.  Depending on your anatomy you may be a candidate for a significant revision with re-creation of a stable support framework using your own bone and cartilege.  In some noses that have had a lot of surgery I have had good results using silicone implants.  Be sure your next surgeon has a lot of experience in this arena.....

Choices, choices

+1

If you had a rib graft, there should have been more than enough cartilage to make a strut, dorsal graft, etc. without the need for a synthetic implant and the risks associated with them.  Silicone is also a synthetic material and risks prolonged redness, infection, extrusion or movement of the implant, etc.  My advice would be to consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon that is experienced in rib grafting in order to learn all of your options.

Web reference: http://drpero.com/aesthetic-procedures/rhinoplasty/

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+1

As far as I am concerned, everyone's nose is ethnic.  But if you are referring to a flat nose that needs dorsal projection, a rib graft is usually best then followed by irradiated cartilage, and then an implant.

Implant

+1

It is not the material as much as it is the size shape and placement. It sounds as if you may not be satisified with any implant. You need to discuss this with your surgeon and realize reasonable expections. Each new procedure increases the risk of worse results.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Ethnic Rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi,

The best grafting material for the tip of your nose is cartilage taken from your septum or ear. I would not use silicone in the tip because of possible necrosis. The bridge of your nose can be augmented with silicone which I prefer to any other implant material. My website below has many before and afters and includes my surgical techniques for ethnic Rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com