Re-Augmentation 320cc/335cc Saline to 500cc Gel Silicone? (photo)

12 years ago had Breast Augmentation (320cc/335cc; Saline Filled). Although I have no complaints with the results, I always regretted not going bigger. I recently had a consultation and am scheduled for surgery next week. I am in interested in attaining bigger, fuller, and natural looking results. I need advice, are 500cc Gel Silicon Implants a good size? My goal is 'bigger' but not at the risk of looking top heavy. I am 5'2 and 120 pounds.

320/335cc to 500cc

+2

It would be important to be examined and have a discussion with your surgeon to determine the best size implant to achieve your goals.  I like to use a sizer in surgery to make sure the size chosen is the best choice for your desired new appearance.  Starting at your current size and based on your photos, 500cc is a reasonable choice. However the range of what might look good and not be too top heavy might be anywhere from 425 to 500

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Re-Augmentation 320cc/335cc Saline to 500cc Gel Silicone?

+2

Yes great choice for you based only upon the posted frontal photo. But always best to have a detailed discussion with your surgeon. 

Implant Size Selection.

+2

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.
Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Remove & replace larger

+2

If you fit a 34 bra, 150 cc larger will fill a bra one cup size larger. Whenever patients request a re-do for no other reason than to change the size, it's always that they wished they had gone larger in the first place. No 500 cc won't make you look top heavy. I think it's exactly what you should have had the first time. If you had no complaints about the previous implants other than the size, then you could have saline again and save $1000. The incsion is only 1 inch for saline implants but it has to be as long as gel implants are wide. That is over 3 inches for 500 cc gels. 

Dr Foster  

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Changing from Saline to Silicone

+2

From your photos, it appears that you have a relatively even and symmetric results. There are many additional advantages to silicone, but the one drawback is that they appear smaller than the saline. A change or 100 cc in a addition to the switch to silicone will only produce a modest increase. You need to communicate with your surgeon so that he/she can make a last minute adjustment in surgery if the 500 cc implants are not enough for your desires.

Best of luck.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Bigger, fuller, and natural results with silicone gel implant replacements.

+2

Your decision to replace saline with gel implants is one that must be carefully discussed with the examining plastic surgeon. Using close sized replacements is simple!

When you are seeking noticably larger and natural breasts, the decision is more difficult.

You must have adequate breast tissue to cover larger and heavier implants. Although the gel implants feel more natural, the larger size might result in thinning of the breast tissue with time resulting in more visible (rippling) or palpable implants. 

Size selection by you and your doctor represents a judgement call that can not be made just with a photograph.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+2

Without having a picture of your whole body it’s hard to determine whether you will be top heavy. From your descriptions its does sound like it would fit you nicely.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast implant revision augmentation

+2

Hard to tell without an exam or breast measurements but If using moderate plus profile smooth round gels I would guess it will increase your cup size  about 1 1/2 sizes and look great!  Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Choosing your Breast Implant Size

+1

Thank you for your question.  I believe that clear communication of goals with your plastic surgeon is key in achieving your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.

I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.