Started Roaccutane but it got worse? (photos)

I started Roaccutane 2 weeks ago for my hormonal cystic acne that shows up like clumps under my cheeks and around my mouth. It's been 2 weeks and all I've had is more cysts under the skin around my mouth. Is this the initial breakout? It's so embarrassing because I can't use makeup and make it work and my skin has become dry/flakey. Is this normal?

Breakout after starting Accutane

+1
It is 100% normal to breakout when starting Accutane. Remember it needs to change the pores underneath and so everything has to come up and out. Hang in there. It does get better!

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."