Why is my right breast implant higher than the left? (photos)

I had implant exchange surgery 5 weeks ago. The old implants were saline (360cc). The new implants are high profile silicone (425cc). Both sets of implants were placed under the muscle. My pre-op implants were level with each other, whereas now my right implant is noticeably higher that the left. I assume the pockets had to be enlarged somewhat to accommodate the slightly larger implants. I am 5'3", 121 lbs and in my 50's. I've had several set of implants and never had this problem.

Implants at different levels

+2
Your pictures do show your implants at different levels. It may be that the fold under the breast has been released a little differently on each side. It might help to start to push the higher implant down. It is only 5 weeks and it might still improve. I suggest you go in to see your plastic surgeon for advice.

Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Right implant is higher

+2
The photos do look like the right implant is higher.  It is early in your post-op course and the right implant may settle some.  I would give it a few months to see what they look like and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

David S. Chang, MD

Re: Higher on one side- 5 weeks post breast implant exchange

+2

Thank you for your question, and images attached.

I agree with you that you are noticeably higher on the right.

Perhaps this can be improved over the next 4 to 6 weeks with natural settling, along with regular tissue massage (please clear with your surgeon beforehand).

I also suggest a discussion with your surgeon, along with a new set of measurements. This may be your best initial step at this point. This should give you a better understanding of your current asymmetry, as well as, what to expect over the next two to three months; Also if he feels that a adjustment procedure may be needed.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

S.P. Maggi, MD, FACS
drmaggi.com
Austin Plastic Surgery Center

Sergio P. Maggi, MD

Why is my right breast implant higher than the left?

+2
Hi. It's too early in the recovery process but I have to admit that it is concerning. Did you have a straight implant exchange without a capsulectomy? Discuss with your surgeon. I wish you the best but IMHO you may need a revision in the future. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Higher implant

+2
Thank you for the photos though a full examination is really needed to determine what is going on so I would ask my surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+2
Dear Julie,
Thank you for your question and photo.
Following a change of implants, it is not unusual for the breasts to take some time to settle into their final position and not necessarily they do it at the same time. Being only 5 weeks, I would not be concerned and I would follow the post-operative instructions of your surgeon.

After 8 to 10 weeks the appearance should be more similar and even between the two breasts. If you have any doubt, do not hesitate to contact your plastic surgeon. I am sure he would like to know and advice you accordingly.

Best of luck

Andrea Marando

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon