Can I Get Attractive Lower Body with Surgery? What Would You Suggest? (photo)

I am 53, 123 pounds & 5" tall. 5 back surgeries prevent me from almost all exercises so with that said; What type of procedure(s) would it take to give me smooth, nice legs, butt, hips and get rid of the weird indentation on my back due to one of my back surgeries? I just want nice and not to be embarrassed if I wear a pair of shorts. Basically from below my breasts to my knees is what I am VERY embarrassed about. Suggestions and possible prices. Florida lady wants to wear a bathing suit!!!

LTA with Laser liposuction of your thighs

+2

You are a very good candidate for a Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty. This is a specific type of a tummy tuck that pulls up the thigh to a certain extent. You can also undergo laser liposuction of your inner thighs at the same time. You will likely lose about 15 pounds after a procedure like this and then you can address anything in the back at a later time. No reason for you not to look great in a bikini. 

Web reference: http://www.aristocratps.com/body-procedures/abdominoplasty-tummy-tuck/

Lower Body Lift

+1

You look like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and a thigh lift.  I would suggest separating the procedure to two different times.  Start with the abdominoplasty and then do the thigh lift.  

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery

Thigh buttock lift

+1

Your posted photos show lax abdominal muscles, a muffin top appearance of the lower abdomen, cellulite and sagging skin of the thighs and a drooping buttock. These issues cannot be corrected by an abdominoplasty alone, a liposuction alone (no matter what type of liposuction procedure you use) or both procedures done together. The required procedure would be a thigh buttock lift with or without an abdominoplasty or liposuction component. I do the procedure for extra sagging skin but no longer recommend it for cellulite in the absence of extra sagging skin. You can simulate the results of the procedure by pinching the skin on the sides just above the thighs and see how this looks in the mirror. There are pros and cons to the procedure that you need to know before proceeding with such an aggressive approach.

The photos do not show the back scars and indents sufficiently for me to comment on them.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Lower body

+1

Thank you for your question. It is a common concern.

It is my opinion in situations like yours to do what we can for maximum improvement at lowest risk. For this reason, if you came to me for a consultation, I would incourage you toundergo liposuction of the abdomen and hips. Tummy tuck may or may not be desired at a later date. I would expect a significant improvement in your mid section.

Good luck

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Isn't over 50 just the pits?

+1

Hi Florida.  I feel your issues as an over-fifty myself.

BUT - first of all, there is NO REASON for you not to wear a swimsuit.    Life is too short not to enjoy a dip in the ocean, lake or pool or enjoy a day at the beach (as long as you wear your sunblock and avoid the mid day sun).   You lower body looks like that of a fifty-something lady, okay?   You look JUST FINE.  That being said -

Do your best to keep as active as you can and I would consult a physical therapist to help you devise a fitness plan that won't hurt your back.   There has to be some sort of exercise that you can do not just to improve your appearance but also your health and general well being.  It just may involve a swim suit (hint, hint).  You have got to keep moving, back issues or no back issues.   

Contouring of your lower body to make it more attractive that an average 53 year old's would likely involve liposuction and body lifting.  The liposuction is usually a quick recover but body lifting is a BIG HIT.  Before you embark on any surgical adventure, be sure you have realistic expectations for how you could look at your age.  You don't want to go through the expense and discomfort of surgery only to bummed that you don't look like a 20 something in a thong.

This whole topic brings to mind a hilarious story by writer Anne Lamott about how embarrased she was to wear shorts with her flabby thighs until she saw a man at the same resort wearing shorts and he happened to be missing one of his legs!  Now she gives a little prayer of thanks every day for her cellulitic thighs!

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com

Improvement of lower torso and legs

+1

You are talking about a lot of issues and surgery here.  If the back scar is unacceptable, then you can consider a scar revision.  Unfortunately, the photograph doesn't show the width of the scar and the extent of the depression in the back so it's difficult to make a surgical recommendation.  Liposuction to various areas may be a possibility, subject to your skin tone.  As for the abdomen, there is a bulge so an examination would be necessary to assess whether you could have lipo as opposed to an abdominoplasty.  My recommendation is that you prioritize the areas that you find most problematic because surgery is costly and you may find it necessary to compromise or stage the surgery for financial reasons.