I Do Not Want to Add Much Size, I Want Round "At Attention" Breasts Like Andriana Lima

I am currently a B cup but I hate the tear drop shape I was born with and want a much rounder shape with more projection but I dont want much more then a C cup. How should I explain that to a surgeon?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Fuller = bigger

+1

Based on your preop photo, you will never accomplish your goal without augmentation and a significant added volume. Breasts do not naturally sit up high and round in the upper pole without a bra. If there is less volume, or a tight skin envelope over modest volume, you will not accomplish the cleavage nor the projection you show in the other picture of your ideal result.

I think, based on your photos alone, you would require a substantial implant to achieve your "at-attention" look. Fuller does indeed mean bigger. I think you should consult with 1-3 board certifed plastic surgeons for a formal evaluation. I think you can achieve your goal but with a sizeable implant.

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

"I want to be fuller but not bigger" is not possible

+1

I will occasionally hear a patient asking for something like you are.  Often they will have had implants placed elsewhere and they want to exchange them for ones that are fuller but not bigger, sometimes even asking for smaller.  This is NOT POSSIBLE.  Fuller is bigger.  The fuller, the bigger.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

I do not want to add much size

+1

i think your desciption of what you desire conflicts with the picture you show. generally a fairly large implant is needed to change the shape of the breast that you start with. there is a difference between pretty and natural.  it is possible to have pretty breasts that are not natural. 

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

How to pick breast implants.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes.

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+1

As stated by another expert poster - bring photos. Speak and ask questions til you fully understand the realistic expectations. See at least 3 boarded PS's

Explaining your goal for breast augmentation

+1

Correct communication is very important in breast augmentation in order to get the size and the look that you want. Your photo is a perfect way to start. What we can see is that you like the look of very full upper fill and cleavage, and the size may be fuller than the C-cup. The round upper breast  also suggests that a subglandular silicone gel implant may be a good approach to give you the result. More information for your surgeon, the closer to the real 'you'.

peterejohnsonmd

High riding perky fake looking breast are what a lot of patients are looking for these days

+1

It has been interesting to talk with my patients about their goals for breast augmentation. While most patients have expressed a desire for larger natural looking breasts some patients express the desire to have high ridding perky fake looking breast. I have found that I have to listen carefully to my patients because what they want is a very personal and individual choice. Most patients still want soft natural looking fuller breast which I feel are best achieved with textured silicone breast implants placed through a peri areolar incision and under the breast, if the patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant to prevent ripples. 

My second choice is silicone gel implants trans axillary sub muscular. This is if the patient doesn't have enough breast tissue to prevent ripples.

What I have been amazed to find is a goodly number of patients, if you listen closely, want high ridding fake looking breasts. I find this best achieved by placing saline filled high profile implant under the muscle through the arm pit. this usually requires a little larger implant. I however allow the patient to chose their size. 
This is also some thing I find very important. I have never understood how a Plastic Surgeon can tell the patient what is best for them. The size a patient wants is best chosen by the patient. I do this with putting different size implants in a very stretchy bra and going up to a size that they feel is too big then backing down to a little smaller. They will almost always choose the same size implant when they return to confirm their size. This is the implant they choose and this is the implant I put in. I do take into consideration the base diameter of the implant and the patients breast and explain to them if they have chosen an implant that would violate these measurements. 

Some patients with all ready a good amount of breast tissue are often not candidates for this look. Certainly patients with any drooping of their breast are not candidates. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Size after augmentation

+1

Bring that photo to your consultation. You state you want to not be bigger than a C cup.  However, be advised that the model on the right;

1. is not a C cup- she is larger

2. she is probably pushed up and taped into that bra, so she does not look like that at all without clothes.

Look at many before and afters during your consultation and ask many questions.  That is the best way to have a good discussion on expectations.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon