Attempting Gentle Martial Art Exercises 4 Mths Po Tt, Mr and Lipo?

Had tt mr and lipo 4 myths ago. I've done a little exercise like power walking and some jogging but recently tried to do back kicks from tae bo class which really hurt were my wound still hasn't healed. Should I gently persist or wait til wound has completely healed. Also is this normal at this stage to have a part still un healed

After abdominoplasty most patients have resumed full activity by four months.

+1

Your question is most suitably answered by your surgeon. On balance, most patients have resumed even vigorous physical activity four months after abdominoplasty.

Pain with vigorous activities 4 months post abdominoplasty

+1

You should be able to get back to most vigorous activities at 4 months post abdominoplasty.  When you start you should listen to your body.  If it hurts then you need to gradually build up to that activity or  motion.  If you have an area that is not completely healed then you need to ask  your plastic surgeon for advise.  

Returning to Martial Arts after Tummy Tuck and Slow Incision Line Healing?

+1

The fact that the incision line has not healed at this point, is not “normal”. It is very likely that you are experiencing discomfort in this area because the incision line has not healed. Best to be seen by your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position it to determine the cause of slower than average healing.

Generally speaking, best to “listen to your body” when it comes to returning to specific activities after tummy tuck surgery.

Getting Back To Normal Activities After TT, MR, and Lipo

+1

If it hurts, don't do it!  That is always the guide regarding getting back to exercise after surgery.  Listen to your body.  Don't push yourself until you are healed.  An open wound at 4 months is not the norm  Regardless of the size of it, see your Plastic Surgeon for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1

To have an open wound at 4 months is not the norm. However, without a photo I don't know if this is a large unhealed area, or a pin point opening. Either way this should be evaluated by your surgeon. There may be a foreign body (usually suture) or non-viable fat tissue) that is preventing this from healing. 

At that time, based on an exam, your surgeon can guide your recovery and return to normal activity. All the best. 

Wound still not healed 4 months post-op

+1

If I understand you correctly, your wound, meaning your incision, still has not healed after 4 months post abdominoplasty.  If this is the case, it would be unusual, and I would consider some reason why this is happening.  There may be some foreign body, like suture material, still in the tissues within the wound, and if that is the case and it is contaminated, it will prevent the wound from healing.  I would suggest that you hold of on any activities that stress your tissues, including kicks and martial arts, until the wound is satisfactorily healed.  You should follow up closely with your surgeon, and at this point, you should both be asking why the wound hasn't healed completely so that you can take action to get it there. Good luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD