What Can I Do For Atrophic Scar on Tip of Nose?

I got a large pimple on my nose 3 weeks ago, which had a white core emerging and I stupidly squeezed it and pushed some of the sebum back into the pore. Furthermore some of the skin around the pore broke. It scabbed over the next day but since there still appeared to be a white core, I squeezed again and the same thing happened. It scabbed over 3 times in the next 2 weeks. Now there's a ~2mm deep pit, slightly red. Wondering if it will fill in/how to encourage it to fill in, and how long?

Shallow scars on the nose can be easily treated

+1

If you get a permanent scar on the nose, they usually respond well to filler substances such as juvederm or Restylane.  Since this depression is only 3 weeks old, i would use a topical vitamin A cream such as Retin A to help with collagen production.  Giving the area time to heal will often reduce a temporary indentation due to an acne nodule.  Best to you.

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep pit on nose from Acne scarring

+1

This could fill in some but you may need some work on it. Lasers will improve this but you might need some deep chemical peeling like TCA CROSS method.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon