Should I Gain Weight For Better Butt Lift Results?

I am 5'6 and I weigh 138 pounds Ive Been thinking about getting the BBL procedure done but I don't know if I have enough fat for my desire results I want my booty to look like Kim Kardashian or Beyonce you know a fatty ! Should I gain more weigh for better results (fatter/fuller butt) ?

Weight gain

+2
Hello, thank you for your question. It is really difficult to give you an assessment without pictures. I don't think however that gaining weight should be an option, I would rather advise you to get buttock implants.

+2
I typically do not recommend weight gain unless the gain can be maintained.  I would have to see pictures, but I liposuction many thinner women with great results after BBL.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Should I gain weight for better butt lift results?

+1
At 5'6" and 138 lbs., you are at an appropriate weight for your height and I would not suggest that you gain weight solely for a BBL procedure.  Even a moderate fat transfer can result in a very nice buttock shape.  Be careful not to compromise your health just to gain weight for the surgery.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Augmentation Options

+1
I hear this question almost everyday so allow me to give you my stock answer.

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you purposely gain weight (i.e. fat) for the procedure, the fat you lose first as you get back to your baseline weight is that very same fat that was transferred into your buttock...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This is even more likely to happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and a subsequent disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a 2 inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure (in fact both implants and fat transfer so that s/he is not bias). And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD