Too Many Procedures in One Day?

Mommy makeover with breast reduction due to awful asymmetry, bbl,and lipo of arms, flanks,lower back, bra rolls/love handles all in one day. The question is will I be ok???? I know recovery will be hard and I will have a lot of help.i want to get it all out of the way and leave it all behind me. I hear sleeping on ur side raises your TT scar and causes slower healing??? I don't wanna compromise any successful healing. Help

Multiple procedures can be performed

+1

A mommy makeover can be performed safely. Most surgeons will recommend the length of the procedure not to exceed 6 hours. If your surgeon feels that the procedure can be finished in that time frame, than you are OK. Otherwise, I would perform these procedures in 2 separate procedures about 3-6 months apart.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

+1

There are couple considerations for multiple procedures done at the same time.  Obviously, the safety should be our number one concern.  With several procedures, the operative time could be very long.  As operative time gets longer, complication rate (infection, bleeding) becomes higher.  In addition, your recovery will be tougher with so many surgeries all over your body.  Some patients may want multiple surgery in one session to avoid multiple recovery.  However, it will be best to limit surgery so that the operative time is less than 6-8 hours.

Sugene Kim, MD

Multiple procedures

+1

I do not like to combine too many procedures at once. It makes your recovery a lot harder and longer. It is better to stage them

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Multiple procedures in one day

+1

It's certainly doable but probably with added risks to perform all the above procedures at once. Are you planning to recover at home or stay in hospital after the surgery. I will probably recommend that you stage the procedures in two sessions. This will limit the operating time to 6 hours or less, decrease risks of blood loss, and safely recovering at home instead of hospital. 

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Combination possible, if requirements met

+1

Thank you for your question. As some of the colleagues have stated, it is possible to have combined surgery in safe conditions, but you have to make sure that your doctor knows the threshold of what can and can't be done. 

In my case, if the breast reduction is large, I don't combine it with TT, as the risks of bleeding and prolonged surgery are too many risks to add them all up. If it was just a lift or a small reduction, than you can go for it, on a case by case basis (the pre-op consultation is basic, so that you can have a real idea of the estimated surgical time).

Please consult your board certified plastic surgeon before making your final decision. Good luck!

Rafael E. Estevez Hernandez, MD

Combining multiple procedures

+1

There are many advantages to combining multiple procedures as you are describing.  These include saving money, minimizing your exposures to multiple anesthetics, and decreasing the amount of times you have to take off work to recover.   There are potential health risks; however, including increased cardiovascular stress, prolonged exposure to anesthesia, significant swelling and blood pressure changes and increased risks of blood clots.  The decision to combine multiple procedures must be made carefully in conjunction with your surgeon.  In your case, it will depend on your baseline health, your cardiovascular health, your pain tolerance, the amount of fat to be removed, and the skill of your surgeon and anesthesiologist.  The combination of the procedures you listed would be safe for some patients but definitely not for others.  I would discuss this with your surgeon further if you are worried.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction First then Lipo and Brazilian Buttlift

+1

I will perform about as many surgical procedures at one time as anyone, and I would not perform all of those at once.  I would recommend tummy tuck and Breast Reduction First, then Lipo and Brazilian Buttlift.

Too much surgery?

+1

Long surgeries have more complications. The list of potential complications include infection, delayed healing, bleeding, and even blood clots in your veins that could be fatal. DIscuss how long your proposed surgery will be with your surgeon. Sometimes operative times can be reduced with the aid of multiple plastic surgeons. I try to limit general anesthesia surgery to 4 or at most 5 hours. Usually the breast surgery and tummy tuck can be completed during this time. My advice is to strongly consider two surgeries. 

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Extensive Body Contouring - One vs Two Stages?

+1

Basically what you are asking is should a tummy tuck, breast reduction, liposuction of multiple body areas and injection of fat into the buttocks be done all in one operation. While that is certainly a tremendous amount of body surgery, there are numerous factors involved that determines the magnitude of any of these proposed procedures. How much liposuction in volume? Is it a full or mini-tummy tuck? What is your general health, age and body weight? All those issues aside, it is better from a safety standpoint to divide this palette of procedures into two stages; buttock augmentation with liposuction followed by the breast reduction and full tummy tuck.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Not ideal planning and too many procedures at once

+1

Thank you for the question, you have listed too many procedures to be performed all at once and outpatient setting even if you are very healthy. More importantly, I believe abdominoplasty and fat grafting to the buttocks are procedures that need to be performed separately as a recovery is difficult, and the results of the surgery are suboptimal when combined.  I would recommend undergoing abdominoplasty and breast reduction in one operation and separating the procedures performed on your back at a later time.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS