Why Are my Upper Eyelashes Falling Out?

Had chemotherapy TWO yeqrs ago. My bottom eyelashes are long and stick around, my upper eyelashes are not as long (probably because they fall out more often), and at times there is so much fall out there are gaps. Used Latisse, developed an eye infection falmost a year ago (shouldn't the bottom lashes be affected too?). Allergy to mascara after chemo? I use liner and mascara on my upper lashes, not bottom. If it's an allergy to drugstore brand mascaras, which mascara is recommended?

Upper eyelashes falling out

+1

Yes, if you had some type of infection that would have affected the lashes, both the top and bottom lashes should have been affected. It would be very rare for a serious infection not to be on both sets of lashes. There can be many changes in the body after chemo, and many changes in the body just from aging. It would be best for you to see a physician in person and see if there's a reason only your top lashes are falling out and discuss what products are ok to use.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Eyelashes falling out

+1

Get a good evaluation from your dermatologist, best you can do. I do eyebrow hair transplants and occasionally eyelash transplants but in your case I do not think the procedure will be of benefit you

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon