What can be done about purple colored dark circles under my eyes?

My under eyes look very bad please ineed somebody to help me icry alot from the look under my eyes first when iwas pregnant i get hypigmentation ,aftergiving birth the dermotology gave me bleaching cream to use it it help alittle pit put the corner undre my eyes get purple or brown and stubborn to go away iwent to cosmetic surgery he let me do chemical peel ,but its like ididnt do anything .please doctors i need your help ,help me what ican do

Dark circles under eyelids

+2

The puffiness can be improved with a transconjucntival approach for removal of the fat.  That will improvethe bags and  the shadow effect from the puffiness.  Intense Pulsed light or Fractionated laser may be of some benefit to the blood vessels under the eyes

Dark Circles & Tear Troughs Respond Well To A Combination of Belotero Balance & Radiesse

+1

Dark circles, tear troughs, and hollows are common problems of the lower lids. It has become standard practice to treat this region with lighter weight fillers, like Juvederm or Restylane, to lift, straighten, and contour this region. Occasionally, if fillers are inadvertently placed too superficially, a bluish discoloration related to light scattering (a phenomenon known as the Tyndall effect) can occur, which can actually make the dark circles more prominent.

Belotero Balance, a new hyaluronic acid product, has been manufactured to avoid this.  I have found that the addition of a small amount of Radiesse, a whitish-colored volumizing filler composed of calcium hydroxylapatite (a natural material found in bones and teeth), to Belotero Balance to be an excellent way of lightening dark circles and treating tear troughs and hollows.

When there is volume loss in the support area below, as appears to be the case here, as well (and which contributes to the elongated lower lid look seen here), it would also be advisable to revolumize the tissue immediately below with a product, such as Juvederm UltraPlus XC. However, only an experienced, board certified aesthetic dermatology or plastic surgeon injector should attempt to treat this area in this fashion.

If still required, additional skin lightening can be achieved through the use of home prescription skin lightening topicals and a series of in-office superficial peels with Jessner's solution or glycolic acid 70% solution. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Dark circles

+1

This is a difficult problem as you know.  I would approach your case with removal of fat from the lower lid fat pockets and also fat grafting to improve the contour which will minimize the shadowing effect you see.  The pigmentation is a more difficult problem, and chemical peels are a reasonable approach, but likely you will always have some darkness in this area.

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Under eye dark circles

+1

You have two problems contributing to the dark circles under your eyes. One is the pigmentation problem, which can be difficult to address; you need to find a dermatologist experienced in treating pigmentation issues.  The second problem you have is lower eyelid fat prolapse with hollowness underneath it which causing shadowing/darkening of the under eye area. For this, lower blepharoplasty with fat transposition or perhaps filler injection may be useful. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Solutions for dark circles under the eyes

+1

You have a difficult problem but there are other options to explore.   The use of chemical peels and Hydroquinone or Kojic acid as skin bleaching agents will have not positive effect on the dark circles and dyschromias of your lower eyelids and upper cheek area.  You are very flat in the upper cheek just below the infraorbital rim.  As the thin skin of your lower eyelid collides with the thicker skin of your cheek you develop a deep groove.  This deep groove catches the light and causes shadowing.  This makes your darkness look even darker.  Options include sot tissue augmentation of the upper cheek using injectable agents such as Juvederm or Radiesse or Fat.  A light treatment with a fraxal laser may also help to tighten the skin in addition to the soft tissue filling.  Another choice would be a lower eyelid blepharoplasty with repositioning of the orbital fat to fill in the hollowed areas as well as an elevation of the malar fat pad via the lateral lower eyelid incision.  

Dark circles under eyes

+1

Dark circles may represent blood vessels through thin skin, or pigmentation.  If it is the former, then it is very difficult to treat, and that is why you did not have alot of success with peels and hydroquinone.

Pigmentation Below Eyes

+1

Bleaching and chemical peel were reasonable efforts.  You also appear to have a deflational component to that entire area.  I have had good success fat grafting to even the contours of these three areas.  Though this does not affect the pigmentation, the improved contours will improve the look of the entire area.