I Have Been Considering Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I'm 19 now and I'm willing to go under the procedure. I want something subtle and natural. I have a slight bump so I'm looking to narrow it down a bit. I also have a scar (chicken pox) that's apparent in the third picture. It's slightly on the left side of my nose. It's not all that noticeable at a certain distance, I wear make up to cover it up. It bothers me apart of the small hump I have. Would the surgery be able to get rid of the scar? What doctors do you recommend that's located in GA?

Rhinoplasty

+2

Looking at your pictures, there's no doubt that you are a candidate for this procedure. Rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed today. It can reshape, reduce or augment a person’s nose to achieve facial harmony and boost self-confidence. It may be performed as a reconstructive procedure to correct a birth defect or an injury such as a broken nose. Make sure to check if your Plastic Surgeon is Board Certified and has experience.

Dorsal Hump and Scar and Rhinoplasty

+1

The rhinoplasty can reduce your hump and anything else you want for that matter.  The scar can be revised to make the scar a hairline scar.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty can reshape the nose

+1

If you are interested in rhinoplasty, you should visit some doctors in your community and discuss your desires.  The surgeons will be able to guide you and then you should select the surgeon with whom you are most comfortable.  The scar on your face would need to be evaluated critically to determine the best management.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

It is possible to create a nose that is in harmony with your facial features and enhances your own natural look. A good rhinoplasty surgeon will be able to make a subtle change that appears natural. I would recommend consulting with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist who uses computer imaging software. This will allow you to get an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. It will also serve as a fantastic communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon. The surgery will not have an effect on your scar, and it will need to be addressed separately. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may result in nasal narrowing, tip projection, and hump removal.

+1

Based on your photos, you appear to have a wide nose on front view, and an under-projected tip and hump on profile view. Well-performed surgery may lead to improvement in these issues. Chicken pox scars will not be improved with rhinoplasty surgery. Your scar is difficult to evaluate on the photo you provided.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Have Been Considering Rhinoplasty?

+1

Yes, if you want, your nose may be operated, the columella is short, with the columella a little longer, and without hump your nose may be very pretty. 

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bump and profile refinement, and reducing bulbous tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty for bump and profile refinement, and reducing bulbous tip can be done to improve your nose but your nose is NOT for beginners. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for your best result.

Considering Rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the question. From your pictures its evident that you are a good candidate for Closed Rhinoplasty and should expect a good result. Chicken pox mark needs separate treatment and can not be a part of Rhinoplasty. Better to see a cosmetic dermatologist for that scar. Wish you good luck. I am located in Dubai but I am sure some one will answer your question to suggest a good PS in GA.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon