Will a areola reduction slightly lift my breast? (photo)

I have minimal sagging and I'm only 22 I want my breast a bit more perkier. I assumed a areola reduction would also lift from having the sew the smaller areola to the breast pulling them together to meet. Will this procedure lift my breast slightly?

Areola reductions do not create significant lift

+1
Many women prefer areola surgery because it does not leave the unsightly vertical scars that women find unacceptable. The traditional technique of the lollipop or the boat anchor use vertical scars that are impossible to hide and may keloid in African Americans. For this reason, a new technique was developed that uses a circumareola incision and inframammary incision. This technique reshapes the breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. The size of the areola can be reduced to be proportionate to your breast size. This technique maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. I recommend this procedure since areola reduction alone will not lift your breasts. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Will an areola reduction slightly lift my breast?

+1

An areolar reduction will not give the lift you need. You will need either a circumvertical or an anchor pattern breast lift.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast lift

+1

Although an areolar reduction lifts the breasts, you would not get an adequate amount of lift from an areolar reduction alone. You really need a full breast lift to improve the shape of your breasts.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

I would recommend a true breast lift instead of an areola reduction. In the end, you 'll be much happier with the improved shape and repositioned nipple / areolas !

Good Luck

David Shifrin, MD

Areolar reduction can provide breast lift

+1
Areolar reduction can provide breast lift, and the procedure has many names, among them, donut mastopexy. The difficulty with the procedure is relapse and stretch of the areola and a permanent 'blocking' suture can help the result become more stable.

Areola reduction will give it some lift

+1

Hello and thank you for your question

An Arellano reduction in and of itself does not lift the breast. You actually could use a breast loft though and with it, you'd have an Areopagus reduction. I recommend that you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation regarding your situation. .

Thank you

David Cangello, MD