Ventral hernia, umbilical hernia repair with lipo & full tummy tuck is this a safe procedure? (photo)

I have a umbilical and ventral hernia i went to a consultation and the doctor said he can perform a full tummy tuck/pubic lift and liposuction of the upper abdomen, sides mid & lower back & repair my hernias with mesh at the same time is this safe???? Oh yeah and hes not america board certified he just bored certified 18 years experience is this a safe procedure?

Combined hernia repair, liposuction, and abdominoplasty

+2
I would approach your combined problems very carefully.  It is impossible to give you an accurate answer without a complete examination and evaluation of appropriate imaging studies (if available).  In general, it is often safe to combine these procedures, but this is most definitely not true in every case.   You want to be sure that your surgeon is experienced with this type of more complicated surgery and capable of handling the intra-abdominal contents (bowel, in particular).   I would also strongly encourage you to seek out a plastic surgeon who is board certified by American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Depending on the severity of the ventral hernia, your plastic surgeon may consider working with a general surgeon.  Best of luck.
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Ventral hernia and TT

+2
Safety is priority.
The ventral hernia you have affects the upper abdominal wall, so I consider is very unlikely and unsafe to do liposuction to upper abdomen because of the very high risk of causing a perforation.
My personal opinion for your case is to do just the abdominal wall reconstruction (ventral and umbilicus hernia repair with mesh)  and then only the Tummy tuck, I wouldn't recommend to do any other procedure at the same time.
Have a great journey.
Dr. Cardenas
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Safety of liposuction with hernias

+2

You bring up a couple of saftey issues and I would be ocncerned if I were you. 

1. liposuction of the abdomen is very safe.  However, when there is a hernia, there is a chance of injury to the abdominal contents. This risk should be avoided. 

2. Liposuction of the abdominal flap of a tummy tuck is also controversial.  I think it can be safely done in conservative cases, but it may increase the risk of blood flow issues to the lower abdominal skin. 

I think you should find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and get a better consultation and plan.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Ventral hernia, liposuction, and tummy tuck?

+1
First of all, without a full examination and personal evaluation it is not possible to give a full recommendation. My general thoughts for you are to be conservative with the other procedures in the face of a large ventral hernia. I personally would not do any liposuction on the anterior abdominal area at all. A tummy tuck at the same time may be more reasonable. I would suggest you get a few opinions  not only form plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, but also possibly by a general surgeon certified by the American Board of Surgery.
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty with Hernia Repair

+1
From your picture, it does appear that you do need a tummy tuck as well as the hernia repairs. This is a very reasonable procedure as long as the surgeon is experienced and careful. Adding liposuction to this procedure should not be an increased risk, since the hernia will be repaired when the liposuction is done and there should be no risk of perforating the bowel. If you are going to do more than local liposuction around the abdomen (mid and lower back), you should spend the night in the hospital, as this pushes you over the safety limit of tummy tuck or liposuction alone. I would also recheck your surgeon's credentials and find out how many of these combined procedures he/she has done and what the success and complication rates are.
Highlands Plastic Surgeon