What Type of Breast Augmentation is Best for my Body Type?

I am looking to do a mommy make over. But I am trying to decide which procedure would be best. I also was inrerested in fat grafting for buttock enhancement but not sure if I have enough fat. Please help..Im looking to start by year end.

Breast augmentation combined with fat transfer to the buttocks

+2

All of your questions are good.  As far as your breasts there is some degree of asymmetry with the right breast smaller and less medial fullness than the left side.  Also your breast on the right side has a larger areola and less total volume.  You do have a degree of breast sagging but since your nipples are at the level of the inframammary crease and there appears to be less than 3 cm of breast tissue below the crease a standard submuscular breast augmentation should give you a nice result.  With the lack of breast tissue on the right side I would prefer to use a gel implant.  You would most likely be in the 325 to 400 cc range.  In our office we use the Vectra 3D imaging system which can help you determine the appropriate breast implant size as well as areas for buttocks enhancement.  You did not include a photograph of your buttocks from the back so it is difficult to tell completely which areas need to be filled in.  You appear to have an A frame buttocks which is the most attractive type.  If you liposuction your abdomen and lower back you may have enough fat for an enhancement of the upper buttocks and mid central buttocks.  I usually prefer to have about 700 cc per side to do a successful buttocks augmentation.  This would be a total of 1,400 cc of fat needed and you may just have enough fat to harvest for this purpose.  Thanks for the questions, Dr. Z

Mommy Makeover Procedure Selection and Buttock Fat Grafting

+2

The choice of procedures for a mommy makeover requires assessment by an experienced plastic surgeon. It is not always straightforward. The decision between breast augmentation or breast lift or both needs assessment of your anatomy, skin, goals, and willingness to accept the resulting scars. 

Most people have enough fat for Buttock grafting, though it depends on how large you want to go. If you are looking for a modest increase in size, there is often enough fat around the thighs. If you want to go larger,then an implant may be recommended.

Cory Goldberg, MD

Best Breast Operation for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question, but, consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice.

You will be best off doing your due diligence carefully  in the selection of plastic surgeon.  would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
 Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures performed.

Only in person consultation will provide you with the detailed information you should obtain prior to making any decisions about proceeding with surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures performed. Learn about the potential risks/complications associated with the surgical options and ask about “realistic expectations”.

You will likely find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;   I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. 

+1

Thank you for your question. A breast augmentation is very individual, and is an art, everyone has a different opinion.  You need to determine your goals, if you are going to be very athletic, especially racquet sports, jogging, horseback riding, and if you have any back issues, etc.  Do you want to just fit clothes better, or have other goals.  Discuss these with  your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and they can direct your to the size and type of implant to best fit you and your objectives. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Options

+1

Its difficult to make any recommendations without a physical exam or least some photos for review.  Please visit with a board certified PS to start learning more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Not enough information for valid advice.

+1

Your questions are deserving of an answer but there is not enough information provided to give one. Pictures as well as a definition of expectations is a good place to start.

+1

There is no one answer for all patients, and pictures or an exam along with your preferences will all factor into the decision.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Silicone Cohesive Gel Breast Implants

+1

Breast augmentation seems to be on the rise with the introduction of newer silicone implants that are more cohesive.  I would recommend a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate your breasts and give you specific options. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and fat grafting to buttocks

+1

You have asked about reasonable requests but without at least photos I am not sure how to answer your questions.

Mommy Make Over

+1

Hi! Thank you for your question,

I am Dr. Speron, a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS).  I am also certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any advice without any pictures. I highly recommend you schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to receive more information and to go over the best options for your body type. 

Below are some links for additional information and before and after pictures.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900.

Best of luck and have a great day!

Regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD