Is There an Insurance Company That Covers Surgery in Other Counties?

I am from the US and I would like to have a tummy tuck, lipo and Brazilian butt lift in the Dominican Republic. After much research, I found a great surgeon but I always want to be prepared. Is there insurance available that I can purchase in case of complications?

Insurance Coverage In Foreign Countries

+2

There are insurance companies which will sell insurance while traveling abroad, but (as far as I know) only for problems which are normally covered by insurance policies which does not include cosmetic surgery or complications arising from cosmetic surgery.

Insurance and overage abroad

+1

I am unaware of any that would do this.  While there are companies that cover complications of cosmetic surgery in the US, I am unaware of any for surgery abroad.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

No insurance coverage that I know of if you travel for cosmetic surgery

+1

None that I know of.  If you chose to roll the dice and have surgery in the  Dominican Republic you are on your own.  No coverage for complications while you are in the DR and no help from a plastic surgeon in the US if you return and have a problem.