Are Strong Pain Medicines Such As Hydrocodone/Tylenol 3 Recomended After Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery?

The doctor I want to go to prescribes Diclofenac for pain after surgery, but I am worried it will not be strong enough.

Pain after BBL surgery

+3

Every one has different pain thresholds, so some people hurt a lot, and some only hurt a little after BBL surgery. I provide my patients with strongnarcotic pain medicines so that they are prepared for the worst. In general, my patients have been suprised that their pain is less than they expected. Those of us that specialize in BBL surgery have developed our own techniques to keep pain as low as possible.

Hydrocodone or Tylenol #3 after Brazilian Buttlift

+2

Hydrocodone or Percocet after Brazilian buttlift is fairly standard.  Tylenol #3 contains a pain medication that is weaker than the other two.  Diclofenac I do not prescribe due to bleeding risk.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

BBL needs pain meds

+2
Brazilian Butt Lift requires pain medicine for most comfortable recovery. I don't use diclofenac immediately after surgery because of the increased bruising it causes. Vicodin or percocet is usually given. The buttocks is the most uncomfortable area if a significant increase in size is desired. The liposuctioned areas aren't very painful.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Pain meds after BBL

+2

The pain after a BBL is a product of the aggressiveness of the liposuction. I usually prescribe Percocet or Vicodin. Of course this is highly dependent on pain tolerance of the patient but the BBL can cause significant pain after surgery. Please consult with your doctor. 

Moises Salama, MD

Pain After Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

I usually prescribe hydrocodone for pain for my patients after a Brazilian Butt Lift.  Every person has a different pain threshold and I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon and ask for something stronger if you think you might need it.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Meds

+1

My patients get hydocodone after the brazilian butt lift surgery. There is a considerable amount of pressure pain from the injections if a large volume is used for enlargement

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Pain meds

+1

My bbl patients don't usually have excessive pain and discomfort. However we do supply them with prescriptions for Percocet or Vicodin for those first few tough days post surgery

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon