Can Smartlipo Fat Be Used for Fat Transfer to the Butt?

I am 5'9, 200lbs. I am scheduled to have Smartlipo AND fat transfer to my butt using the fat from Smartlipo. I was told by my doctor that there is a special procedure done with the Smartlipo suctioned fat that will make it useable. Is this possible and is there another form of lipo that is done with Smartlipo in order to have living fat celles to use?I am lipoing upper, lower and love handle. I want to be sure I will have good usable fat for my transfer.

SmartLipo and fat transfer

+1

I would recommend against the use of SmartLipo when harvesting fat for transfer. It is possible to perform the laser treatment with the SmartLipo equipment after the harvest for transfer has been made. The heat of the laser treatment with SmartLipo will damage the fat cells and the transfer won't be reliable. Make sure you clarify this with your surgeon before you proceed. Best to you!

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Not a good idea

+1

The function of the laser lipo is to destroy fat cells. Your surgeon can use laser lipo after harvesting the fat.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo and Fat Transfer for Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Liposuction by itself will have to be performed to preserve fat architecture.  Any heat transmission through the fat will destroy fat integrity.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

Smartlipo Aspirate Is Not Advised To Be Used For Fat Transfer

+1

Any fact extracted from the area where Smartlipo is performed will be adversely effect and should not be used for fat transfer. It has a high risk of fat cell damage (heat injury) and low probability of transfer survival. I am not aware of any special process of taking fat treated by Smartlipo and making it as a good a donor material as fat that has not been so treated.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/buttocks.html

Fat transfer

+1

Not likely  The whole purpose of using the laser is f to break up the fat cells for better removal. Fat transfer is greatly affected by the health of the transferred fat. If the fat cells are injured they will not survive.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Using the fat from smartlipo for fat transfer

+1

There are several techniques available for fat transfer. Harvesting is one of the steps involved and is critical to the overall success of the fat transfer procedure. Since your surgeon is using Smartlipo technology with the contouring, you need to discuss about the details of harvesting the fat. If extensive laser lipolysis is done prior to harvesting, the fat may be damaged. The sequence between harvesting the fat and using laser lipolysis definitely can affect the quality and quantity of fat harvested.

Best Wishes,