Im Not Exactly What Procedure Would Be Best for Me? (photo)

I would like to have a procedure or procedures done but I'm not sure which would be best Smart Lipo, tummy tuck, Coolsculpting? I have done alot of research but I'm still not sure which would provide the best results. I would take any advice and would greatly appreciate an opinion other than my own LOL. Im tired of self diagnosing myself

+2

Great sense of humor!!  Hard to say what's best for you without knowing what body you want.  Rolls in back respond best to liposuction... don't need anything fancy, just well done tumescent lipo.  For the front, only tummy tuck will flatten contour and remove loose skin.  Forget about CoolSculpting (my opinion).  You want visible results.

Im Not Exactly What Procedure Would Be Best for Me

+2

Thank you for your question and for sharing the photos that you have posted. The only option I see is a tummy tuck. 

Liposuction (and cool sculpting) works for localized areas of contour excess in modest quantity.

When there is significant excess skin, as there is here, the skin must be addressed. Liposuction would only make the skin sag more. A tummy tuck will address excess skin, excess fat,and can result in  further improved content by tightening the lax abdominal muscles. 

A plastic surgeon can help sort through the options and review the pros and cons. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Liposuction vs. abdominoplasty

+1

On the front view photo your belly button is completely covered by hanging skin from above. That means there is a significant amount excess skin above the belly button. You can only remove that by doing a tummy tuck. The rolls of fat on the sides and back are best removed by liposuction.

The last photo looks like it was shot from the head down while lying on your back and therefore is of no use in making an assessment.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Im Not Exactly

+1

There is no question that only a full/extended tummy tuck would improve your belly.  As for the back rolls, depending on the quality of your fat, some improvement may be possible with liposuction alone.  However, often times these also have to be removed surgically.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck with Circumferential SAFELipo

+1

Hello.  Thanks for sharing your photos.  In my opinion to get the best result from the front AND from the back, you need a fully tummy tuck with circumferential SAFELipo, as described by Dr. Simeon Wall.  This would achieve the best contours.  Check out the photos in the link below to see typical results.  You should consult with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in Dr. Wall's technique.  I incorporated his technique into my practice a year ago and me and my patients are thrilled with the results.

Ashley Gordon, MD

Tummy Tuck, SmartLipo, or CoolSculpting

+1

Dear Newmeready21,  Thanks for the question and the humor.  From your photos, you are a good candidate for a TummyTuck and liposuction combination.  No form of liposuction is capable of achieving the contouring needed to give the result you desire.  Liposuction though can be very helpful to help shape and contour the folds in the back, decrease the fullness in the love handles, and smoothout the contours of the tummy tuck.. These can be performed at the same time but of course this requires a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can review your health history and help pick the right options for you.  Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal and trunk contouring

+1

You have excess fat and skin leading to hanging abdominal rolls.  The only treatment for this is a tummy tuck.  This will remove the excess and should leave you flat and tight.  Excess tissues around your back can be addressed with liposuction.  Don;t be fooled by claims of superior results with the "latest and greatest" liposuction techniques: all liposuction does is create tunnels through fat.  When the tunnels collapse the contours collapse.  Any tool can be effective; the most important determining factor is the skill and experience of the had holding the tool.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon and be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures.  Avoid any procedure that promise to shrink skin with lasers or thermal stress.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Best procedure

+1

It looks like based upon your photos that you may be a better candidate for a full tummy tuck, but an exam in person is important.

Which procedure is best? Tummy tuck, Cool Sculpt or Lipo.

+1

The best option for you, based on your pictures is a tummy tuck.  You have much excess skin.  The skin will not retract enough with liposuction or Coolsculpt.  It would be a waste of your time and money with those two procedures alone along with the guarantee you will not be happy.  Seek an opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  The abdominoplasty I perform includes liposuction.  Therefore, the fat layer is thinned down followed with the skin being pulled down and excised.  You look as if you would have an awesome result with an abdminoplasty.  Hope this helps you.

Thank you.

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Abdominoplasty

+1

A tummy tuck will be needed to flatten and smooth your abdomen. That is probably all you want. Liposuction can help with the fullness of the rolls on your side/back, but it will not make them disappear.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon