No Prep Veneers After Porcelain Veneers?

I have posted a while back. I think I have re-cemented each my incisors 3 times. Now one is off again! I do have an overbite and I ended up purchasing a night guard. However, the night guard is so bulky that I cannot sleep with it. I don't want to go back to my old dentist, and I am up to my knees in medical bills after my recent cancer diagnosis. I need some advice, resources, etc. Are there dentists that do pro bono work? Should I get a crown? Am I eligible for no prep veneers?

+1

Porcelain veneers can be amazingly strong and handle day-to-day smiling and chewing without problems. I'm sorry to hear that you keep having veneers pop off- that's not a common issue.

You've described some very stressful and difficult situations with your cancer diagnosis- I wish you the best.

I would go to the best cosmetic dentist you can find. It's possible he might re-cement your veneer in a different manner and that could solve the problem. It probably wouldn't be too expensive. Often times these cosmetic dentists are very comfortable with bite issues and the best types of guards to use. There is a possibility that he can adjust or re-shape your guard so that you could wear it comfortably.

In this situation No-Prep veneers are not a solution. Right now you need a highly experienced cosmetic dentist and hopefully things can be improved quickly and in a cost effective manner.

Web reference: http://www.scottgreenhalghdds.com/durability-porcelain-veneers.html

Denver Cosmetic Dentist