How Much of my Tattoo Would Be Removed from the Tummy Tuck Procedure? (photo)

hi I was wondering about how much of my tattoo would be removed from the tummy tuck procedure

Tattoo removed with TT

+2

Based  on your    pictures ,    you  have   and  internal  laxity   of  muscle  walls    that   can   be  show  on lateral   views   of   your   pictures ,   a  view    making    front    flexion of   your  abd     will  be   great ,    but  my   consideration  reagrding  to this    pictures,    is  that   you a re  candidate     for  a    full   abdominoplasty this  means   that    almost     all   the  tattoo   at least   95%  of it    will  be  gone    wiht   TT ,   in    full    TT,     the    limit of  resection    is    belly  botom     and    your   tattoo   is     lower  from  the  belly  bottom,  

Tattoo removal from tummy tuck

+1
Thank you very much for your enquiry and your photo. In essence the majority of the tattoo below your belly button could be removed in a tummy tuck procedure.
The tattoo above your belly button on either side would remain following your operation.
It might be useful to have a look online at some videos of tummy tuck procedures and that will give you a better idea of exactly what is involved and what area of skin is removed.
I wish you the best of luck if you do decide to go ahead with treatment.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck not a good tattoo removal procedure

+1

From the looks of your photographs there is not much skin laxity from year bellybutton to your rib cage above. this actually is what were determined whether or not he can remove all the skin from the belly button to the pubis in a tummy tuck. I think that removing a small to modest amount of skin carrying the tattoo would not be worth it unless your desire for a tummy tuck is not based solely on tattoo removal.

Manuel M. Pena, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

How Much of my Tattoo Would Be Removed from the Tummy Tuck Procedure

+1

An actual exam will give a more realistic "guess", but I would expect not more than a third of the tattoo would be removed. All the best. 

Most if not all of the tattoo would be removed by a tummy tuck.

+1

In most circumstances all of the skin between the umbilicus in the pubis is removed. Part of the tattoo that is above the navel might or might not come out depending on circumstances.

How Much of my Tattoo Would Be Removed from the Tummy Tuck Procedure?

+1

Dear BOG,

Thank you for your photo and question. An in person exam is best for deciding this.  Also, whether or not you had a child will also help to know how far your skin will stretch.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tatoo and Abdominoplasty

+1

It is difficult to determine how much of your tattoo will be removed without an exam and even then it is still somewhat uncertain.  I suspect, however, that a relatively small portion of the tattoo will be removed and this may not justify the scar, expense, etc. if this is your only motivation for proceeding with surgery.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Will my tattoo be removed with a tummy tuck?

+1

You have some loosening of the abdominal muscles, but it is difficult to tell how much excess lower abdominal skin you have. This will determine how much of the tattoo could be removed at the time of the procedure. I would guess that perhaps up to half of the tattoo would be removed with a full tummy tuck but maybe more.  You would have to get the remaining portion of the tattoo removed with laser.

To make the best and safest decision, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who will sit with you and discuss a detailed plan for achieving optimal results. We have both a male and female surgeon at our practice and offer free consultations. Come to your consultation armed with questions and do your homework prior to seeing your surgeon. Good luck

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck with tattoo

+1

Based on your photo, you may not be a candidate for a tummy tuck. If you are doing this solely for tattoo removal, maybe one half to three fourths could be removed. Also consider laser tattoo removal.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo removal and abdominoplasty

+1

If you qualify for a standard abdominoplasty then about 3/4ths of the tattoo would be removed.  An exam is needed to assess the looseness of your skin and the appropriateness of the procedure.