Lipo to get over my weight loss hump? (photo)

I'm 38, 5'3"/ 218 lbs. I was 286 & have 68-91 lbs to go but am stalled. I eat well and workout at least 5 hours a week. I box, run & take a pdx90 type class. I even have a nutritionist. I think lipo will get me over the hump & make me feel better. It's frustrating to work so hard and no longer see results. I know lipo isn't a weight loss tool, but I have not regained ANY of the weight. The bulk of my fat is the belly & inner thighs. Would a surgeon work on me with these parameters?

Lipo to get over my weight loss hump?

+2

This is not a totally unreasonable request.  However, I do think that it is important to realize that at some point skin removal will be necessary to produce the best result after weight loss is complete.

Liposuction for Weight Loss

+2
Thank you for your question. Liposuction is not for weight loss. I would recommend you continue to lose weight until you achieve your goal. The bump you refer to in the photo is extra skin and fat which will increase with additional weight loss. Once you are at your goal, a paniculectomy will remove that extra skin and fat. Good luck.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Liposuction

+1

From your current photographs it seems as though you'll be a good candidate for full tummy tuck with muscle tightening and possibly some liposuction of the flanks.

You seem to be having good success with your weight loss. I always recommend to my patients that they arrive at their stable wait before they embark upon surgery. Stable weight does not always meanrail thin ,what it means a weight that you feel comfortable at and can maintain without starving yourself.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Liposuction for weight loss motivation

+1
  • Great work. Keep it up. There is always a plateau.
  • Liposuction of your inner thighs and abdomen may help to motivate you. 
  • Liposuction is likely to leave skin loose. 
  • Make a plan with your plastic surgeon for skin removal surgery for the future - that also is motivating. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction is such a great motivator for so many patients.

+1

Liposuction can really help patients over that hump where they just don't lose any more weight no matter how hard they are dieting and exercising. When you see a big improvement in the look of the tummy from lipo, you just get a second wind and tackle that mountain again and again. It is such a great motivator and is really used by all types from full bodied to body builders. Since it is so much safer now done under local tumescent lipo, and you are back to work in 2 days, why not cheat alittle and get back in the struggle but this time with something to show for it. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon