Do I Need Lift or Implants? (photo)

Hello,31 year old mother of 3, breast fed all 3. Never had much up top,wear 36 c now but definitely not full. Recently decided to get implants and have had a few consultations seems most doctors have said no lift needed but had one say lift needed now I'm confused on what I need to do. I don't want a lift, I prefer implants only.I would like to go to at least a full d cup so I'm ok with going about or over 500cc if necessary.would I be able to do this and get good result with no lift?Please help

Is a lift necessary?

+2

Only if you wanted super perky results.  If you would be satisfied with larger, natural looking breasts and you were my patient, my recommendation would be start with augmentation and just understand you could want a small lift (that I can do in the office under local) later with the additional scars that would come with it.

Do I Need Lift or Implants?

+2

I would try the large 500 to 600 cc implant as a first operation. Than wait 3 months to see the settling. You than can decide if a lifting is needed. 

When to do a breast lift with an implant or just an implant?

+1

A larger breast implant will create the appearance of a breast lift by preferentially stretching the lower pole tissue and making the nipple look higher on the breast mound.  As long as the nipples are pointing forward and not to the ground, a breast augmentation alone will do a nice job.  If you are concerned about the extra scars, then don't do the lift.  That can always be done later if you are unsatisfied with the augmentation alone.  I have found that it is rarely needed to do a lift after an augmentation because patients are very happy after the augmentation. Based on the pictures I would not do a lift.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants alone versus lift with implants?

+1

You should be able to achieve an improvement with implants alone. However, the implant by itself will result in only a very minimal lift at best. This result may be more acceptable to you then opting for a lift with the resultant scarring. Worst case scenario you can return for lift surgery if you are not satisfied with the implant results. I would recommend positioning the implant above the muscle if you choose the implant alone.

David A. Ross, MD

Do I need a lift or just implants

+1

From you photos, it appears that you are borderline.  I suspect that going with a 500cc implant or larger if necessary should be just fine, and since you are hoping to not have a lift, go with implants only for now to give your breasts fullness in the upper pole and see how you like them.  Good thing is that you can always add a lift later should you not be satisfied with your results and use the same implants.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation or Breast Lift? #breastlift

+1

You are going to have to be careful on this one. Trust in your surgeon is key. NEVER use implant size to avoid a lift because you will end up right back in the operating room needing a lift. This is all about your anatomy and what your goals are. On occasion a larger implant will give the lift and result a patient wants. If I feel it is borderline I have them commit to the lift up front and if I don't need to do it after I place the implants then great. You get a refund. If you need some tightening of the skin envelope to give the shape needed for the best possible result it is the trade off you must accept. But, if you simply try to go with a big implant to avoid a lift I feel you will be making a huge mistake. So try to find that surgeon you trust is giving you honest good advice. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Do I Need Lift or Implants?

+1

There is no reason for you absolutely needing a breast lift. The lift would add cost, complexity, scars and the need for revisions. Also you would be more limited with respect to the implant size if you had a lift at the same time. Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

500 cc

+1

With that size implant I doubt you will need a lift. If as you age you sag a bit -- they a lift will do.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Lift with or without implants

+1

I believe you can get by with an implant alone.  If you want the nipple areaola smaller or the breast more perky, then you need a lift.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD