Doctor Used Different Amount of Ccs AND Different Profile Styles, Why Would he Do This? (photo)

I wanted 325-350cc, c cup and would rather be on the bigger side. Petite 5`1" , 104lbs. After surgery found out Dr. Used 350 moderate plus on right breast which was the smaller one and 300 high profile on left the larger one and it sat lower. Only 7 days post op. Seems like big diff. To me and right does seem larger. Obviously I want my final results to be pretty similar.He said the right needed to be wider and left needed to stick out more. Just seems should have used same profile and closer cc

Different Sized Implants

+2

Thank you for your question. It sounds like you have an asymmetry which is common and can be very noticeable in some patients. Your the doctor may have attempted to correct the asymmetry with different sized implants. 1 week is still early in the healing process to make any determination about the final appearance. You are still swollen and the implants need time to settle.

Breast augmentation asymmetry

+2

Sorry to hear about your asymmetry issues.  Only your surgeon can give you a full explanation as to why he or she did what they did.  It's very common to have asymmetries in the immediate post-op period due to asymmetric swelling or one implant being higher than the other.  You may want to wait 2-3 months before passing final judgment. 

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Doctor Used Different Amount of Ccs AND Different Profile Styles, Why Would he Do This?

+1

Very hard to answer but the results at this stage look excellent. So you need to address this issue with your surgeon. 

Concerns over your surgeon's choices

+1

can be voiced to him during your recovery.  Obviously, you must have discuss achieving symmetry through different implants.  And it sounds like you have gel implants as saline implants have the benefit of changing volume by simply adding a little more.  Avoid wasting your emotions and energy on this at this point and allow yourself to heal.  Once healed, then you can discuss options (if even needed) to improve your results.  It is hoped that when you are healed, you will have achieved your look and better symmetry as you desired without needing anything else.

Curtis Wong, MD

Different Breast Sizes/Profiles used During Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Obviously, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to a precise answer as to the judgment call made to use different sizes and different profiles of breast implants.

It is very likely that this decision-making was made based on his attempt to achieve as much symmetry is possible for you. Also, it is very likely that significant chest wall/breast asymmetry was noted during surgery.

It is not uncommon for plastic surgeons, including myself, to use different sizes/profile breast implants in order to improve symmetry. Of course, patients should be aware that absolute symmetry of the breasts should not be expected,  and is rarely achieved.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Uneven breasts

+1

Your pre-op photo shows some asymmetry. Your surgeon made a decision in the operating room before swelling occurred.  Now that you have post-operative swelling, it is very difficult to second guess that decision.  Until the swelling subsides, you won't be able to fully appreciated the result.  You should plan to wait several months before determining if any revision is needed.  I am sure your surgeon is the best one to tell you how the decision was made and you should be sure to ask.

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Given time this may improve

+1

The differences that you're noticing of your breasts after surgery probably have more to do with pre-existing anatomic variations. The implant has to rest on your ribs as a platform. If it is sloping more on one side and the other this will cause the breast to deviate to the lateral side.

Different size implants for augmentation

+1

Only you doctor can explain his work and what his solution was for any breast asymmetry. You will know over time if the combination of a moderate and high profile implant was the right call.