Breast Augmentation- I Want Nice Boobs, NOT BIG Boobs! Mentor Moderate Profile Saline? (Photo)

I have a breat augmentation scheduled in a week. I want to be a full C/ small D. Absolutely, not a DD!!! About me: 4'11 140 lbs Bra size- 36B/34C (small C) Diam: 15 cm/ Under 28 cm I chose the Mentor moderate profile SALINE because of my width and I want a natural look. I decided on 400ccs. However, I have seen this amount take people from 1-3 cup sizes. Please help! Do I need to decrease CCs? Also, do you think the moderate profile is best for me? I don't want a huge gap and I like cleavage.

Choosing a size to move from B to D cup

+1
400 cc is a reasonable recommendation to move from B to D cup. However, if you want a full C you may want to consider a smaller implant.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body. 

Breast implant size

+1
I use a technique called dimensional breast augmentation which involves taking in a number of factors and measurements, so each patient is unique. That being said, given your height, weight, and your activity level, along with the fact you are considering a lift, I would say you are probably not that far off in choosing an implant in that range. Best thing to do is to see a qualified plastic surgeon that has good breast expertise.

Please note that cleavage is determined by your pre-surgery cleavage. Therefore if you have wide-set breasts naturally, then they will remain wide-set after surgery. An improvement may occur, however it won't be dramatic.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Don't want to be too BIG after augmentation

+1

If you are saying the cup size will determine your happiness, you need to get a bra in the size you wish to be and size with that.  Unlined bras are mandatory if using this technique.  If you are less concerned about cup size and want more of the 'look' that you're comfortable with, then go with what you liked when you saw yourself with sizers on simulating your appearance after your surgery.  If you're not using sizers to help you, you are 'flying blind' and depending on someone else to decide what is right for you. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Implant size

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you. As other doctors have mentioned, do not be too concerned with cup size. 
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Choosing breast size and implant size

+1

The most natural look coincides with an implant size htat is near your diameter of the breast.  Try on the implant you have chosen by stuffing a bra.  This is not perfect but it does correlate somewhat by adding the two volumes and looking in the mirror with a sweater over the bra.  It can sometimes be a shock to your body image the first time you look in the mirror.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Breast Augmentation- nice boobs but not BIG boobs

+1

I think the moderate profile is a good choice to get more upper pole fullness but I think silicone implants are a better choice.  Be careful about the cup size you desire because there is no industry standard for cup sizes.  The in office sizing is so important for you to get the look, not size, you desire.  Breast lift surgery may be something you consider in the future.

Thomas P. McHugh, MD

+1

Sounds like a plan! But you might need a second operation of a lifting if still riding low with N/A complexes. 

I Want Nice Boobs, NOT BIG Boobs!

+1

It's a good question but there is no absolute answer.  In general, you will get an increase of about one cup size per 150-200 cc of implant.  However, it is more if an increase with that amount if you are shorter and/or narrow framed, and more if you are taller and/or wide framed.  As you've indicated you're already a C cup in some bras.  Adding 400 cc will, in my opinion, be a little large for what you indicate you want.  Finally, there is of course wide variation as to what is considered aesthetic and desirable.  Those are characteristics you would need to discuss with the surgeon performing your surgery.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

What Size And Style Implants Should I Use To Become A Big C/Small D?

+1
Thank you for this excellent and stimulating question.  Unfortunately, letters like C and D have lost their value in today's world.  You can walk into a store right now in Atlanta and find that you are already a big C/small D depending on the bra manufacturer. 
I am sure your plastic surgeon has had you try on various sizes which is a much better technique than choosing a letter (A, B, C, D).  One cup size usually equals 200ccs, therefore 400ccs will take you up approximately 2 cup sizes.  Therefore, your 36B will become a 36D, and your 34C will become a 34DD. 
I would stick with an implant someplace between 300-350ccs, and not worry about the cup size. 
Moderate profile implants are a good choice for you, however saline may give you an unnatural look and has the increased chance of probable deflation in the years to come.  If you can afford it, I highly recommend silicone. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon