Breast Augmentation- I Want Nice Boobs, NOT BIG Boobs! Mentor Moderate Profile Saline? (Photo)

I have a breat augmentation scheduled in a week. I want to be a full C/ small D. Absolutely, not a DD!!! About me: 4'11 140 lbs Bra size- 36B/34C (small C) Diam: 15 cm/ Under 28 cm I chose the Mentor moderate profile SALINE because of my width and I want a natural look. I decided on 400ccs. However, I have seen this amount take people from 1-3 cup sizes. Please help! Do I need to decrease CCs? Also, do you think the moderate profile is best for me? I don't want a huge gap and I like cleavage.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Don't want to be too BIG after augmentation

+1

If you are saying the cup size will determine your happiness, you need to get a bra in the size you wish to be and size with that.  Unlined bras are mandatory if using this technique.  If you are less concerned about cup size and want more of the 'look' that you're comfortable with, then go with what you liked when you saw yourself with sizers on simulating your appearance after your surgery.  If you're not using sizers to help you, you are 'flying blind' and depending on someone else to decide what is right for you. 

Implant size

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you. As other doctors have mentioned, do not be too concerned with cup size. 
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-augmentation-7001

Choosing breast size and implant size

+1

The most natural look coincides with an implant size htat is near your diameter of the breast.  Try on the implant you have chosen by stuffing a bra.  This is not perfect but it does correlate somewhat by adding the two volumes and looking in the mirror with a sweater over the bra.  It can sometimes be a shock to your body image the first time you look in the mirror.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Breast Augmentation- nice boobs but not BIG boobs

+1

I think the moderate profile is a good choice to get more upper pole fullness but I think silicone implants are a better choice.  Be careful about the cup size you desire because there is no industry standard for cup sizes.  The in office sizing is so important for you to get the look, not size, you desire.  Breast lift surgery may be something you consider in the future.

+1

Sounds like a plan! But you might need a second operation of a lifting if still riding low with N/A complexes. 

I Want Nice Boobs, NOT BIG Boobs!

+1

It's a good question but there is no absolute answer.  In general, you will get an increase of about one cup size per 150-200 cc of implant.  However, it is more if an increase with that amount if you are shorter and/or narrow framed, and more if you are taller and/or wide framed.  As you've indicated you're already a C cup in some bras.  Adding 400 cc will, in my opinion, be a little large for what you indicate you want.  Finally, there is of course wide variation as to what is considered aesthetic and desirable.  Those are characteristics you would need to discuss with the surgeon performing your surgery.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

What Size And Style Implants Should I Use To Become A Big C/Small D?

+1
Thank you for this excellent and stimulating question.  Unfortunately, letters like C and D have lost their value in today's world.  You can walk into a store right now in Atlanta and find that you are already a big C/small D depending on the bra manufacturer. 
I am sure your plastic surgeon has had you try on various sizes which is a much better technique than choosing a letter (A, B, C, D).  One cup size usually equals 200ccs, therefore 400ccs will take you up approximately 2 cup sizes.  Therefore, your 36B will become a 36D, and your 34C will become a 34DD. 
I would stick with an implant someplace between 300-350ccs, and not worry about the cup size. 
Moderate profile implants are a good choice for you, however saline may give you an unnatural look and has the increased chance of probable deflation in the years to come.  If you can afford it, I highly recommend silicone. 
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant size

+1

I think a 400 cc will make you larger than you are hoping for.  I think that moderate plus profile is a good choice also.  Saline gives a less natural look than silicone because you can see or feel rippling on the sides or bottom of the breast.  But given your amount of breast tissue, this will be less likely for you.  Silicone feels more natural but is more expensive.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://www.roxyplasticsurgery.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Probably too big!

+1

Given your height and present cup size, I would definitely stay in the 300 - 350 range to get a full C/ small D.  Also, I believe that the Mentor Moderate Plus is a better choice as you would benefit from the additional projection without the base width (especially in the vertical direction!!!).  Finally, and its difficult to tell from the photographs, but you might benefit from an areolar repositioning as your areola are large relative to your breasts and you do appear to have some degree of sagging.  Best to re-discuss your concerns with your PS prior to the procedure date...good luck!

Web reference: http://www.sadehsurgery.com/breast_lift.htm