Am I a Good Candidate for a Breast Reduction & Tummy Tuck? Humana HMO (photo)

I had liposuction in March but my skin hasn't retracted so I'm considering a tummy tuck. At my heaviest, my breasts were 48 F & now I'm a 36 H. I'm assuming my chest exercises are causing me to gain muscle. In 2007, my PCP advised me to lose weight, I did but that didn't help w/ the lower back, neck, & should pain...now I even have pain in my arms. He then suggested PT & chiropractic, & I thought custom bras would help but nothing. 5 years later, I'm still battling my boobies, please help me.

Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

Breast reduction and tummy tuck can be performed together for someone at or near goal weight.  If something close to that weight cannot be obtained, performing the breast reduction may be appropriate to help alleviate the back, neck, and shoulder pain.

Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.

It looks like you are a good candidate for both breast reduction surgery as well as tummy tuck surgery. I do ask my patients to be at their lowest, stable weight prior to surgery.  Depending on your medical history and your health, your surgeon will determine if both procedures can be performed at the same time.

Visit with well experienced plastic surgeons to have an examination and to discuss your options in detail.  

Mommy makeover in overweight patients

+1

It would be better for you to lose more weight before doing a breast reduction and tummy tuck at the same time.  If you are otherwise healthy, a breast reduction alone would be a better plan if you are unable to lose weight first.

David Stoker, MD

Two options for this patient: breast reduction and tummy tuck or --nothing.

+1

The large breasts and significant redundance of skin on the abdominal wall can be corrected only by a breast reduction and abdominoplasty.  The only alternative is to live with what you have.  There is no intermediate treatment.

Am I a Good Candidate for a Breast Reduction & Tummy Tuck

+1

From the photos it looks like you would benefit from both of those procedures. If you can lose some more weight you could expect better results, but it sounds like you may have already lost what you can. 

From the brief history I also feel that you would benefit from the breast reduction. What your insurers' standards of medical necessity are, none of us can help with. 

Thanks and best wishes. 

Candidates for breast reduction and tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for posting your pictures.  You are an excellent candidate for abdominoplasty and breast reduction.  Your symptoms of neck,  back and shoulder pain are clearly the result of having such large breasts.  This combined procedure can be done if you are medically eligible.  You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your community and make sure that the surgeon is comfortable performing both of these procedures in concert.  Other book keeping issues are for you to obtain a mammogram if you are the appropriate age.  Medical clearance is necessary for this procedure and your primary care physician would be the one to clear you.  You will find so much relief from the breast reduction alone!  Abdominoplasty will make your overall shape so much better.  Good luck with your consultation.

Stephen M. Chen, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Combining Breast Reduction with Tummy Tuck

+1

Breast reduction and tummy  tuck are procedures that should make a significant difference in your appearance.  These can be done separately or together and there are advantages to each approach. 

I see many patients who are not at their ideal weight but are interested in body contouring surgery.  Often times a breast reduction and a tummy tuck will serve as a springboard to further weight loss. For the first time, this patient can see a difference and has renewed enthusiasm for dieting and exercise. 

I would encourage you to consider these surgeries, a new you awaits.

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your question.  Based on your photos, you are a good candidate for a breast reduction and a tummy tuck.  These two procedures can be combined or staged.  I disagree with your pcp, and I don't think your symptoms of back pain can be relieved by physical therapy alone.  Once you complete your breast reduction and tummy tuck, ou will be able to exercise more, lose more weight and overall look and feel better.  Good luck and take care!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon