I'm 5'7, 133 Lbs, Small Frame. Dr Says 350cc is Max. Can I Go Bigger? At Least 400cc? (photo)

I'm 5'7, 133 lbs and small framed. I'm a 34A-32B.

Dr Says 350cc is Max. Can I Go Bigger?

+2

Sizing decision is based on a number of factors. Patient goal is an important one, as is safety and the ability to create a nice looking breast, and there are times that that will limit size choice. 

It would be helpful to know the basis of your surgeons recommendation. Often the width of the breast is used as a guideline, and use of an implant not wider than the breast is a principle usually observed. 

However, based on your photo, I think a somewhat wider implant could be tolerated because there is room medially (toward the center) , thought that could have a consequence of making the nipples and areolas appear further apart than they are. 

I think a second opinion would be a benefit to you in the decision . process. Thanks, all the best. 

I'm 5'7, 133 Lbs, Small Frame. Dr Says 350cc is Max. Can I Go Bigger? At Least 400cc?

+2

Since your breast have some loose skin you can probably go to 400 cc with no problem. But of course , pictures just give an idea , your doctor probably made some measurements and gave you his/her professional opinion. 

Best wishes  

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Small frame implant size

+2

The answer really depends on the result you are after. For a 'natural' looking result the more soft tissue you have to disguise the implant the better. With larger implants there is relatively less soft tissue to achieve this.

The larger the implant the more 'fake' the result will look. If you think you will be happy with a good 'fake looking' result then explain this to your plastic surgeon. If you still don't feel that you will get the result you want try talking to some other surgeons to ask their opinion(s). Looking at your photographs I don't think  400cc is out of the question but a physical exam and soft tissue measurement would be essential to provide an accurate opinion.

Douglas McManamny, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size Selection

+1

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

+1

Without examining you, I think 400 cc will work fine.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Bigger implants, Better?

+1

Breast implants are going to make you look better, results are long-lasting and you may also have a boost in self-confidence. You can choose bigger implants but you have to discuss it with you surgeon because this can cause your breast become sagging depending the size of implants and technics used by surgeon. Bigger is not always better.

Australia Fragoso Baez, MD