I'm 31 Years Old with No Children, Would I Be a Better Candidate for Smart Lipo Than a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I recently had a consultation for a tummy tuck and after looking at some of the results of smart lipo I am reconsidering if the full surgery is necessary for me. Most of the photos of body types like myself, have been tummy tucks, but recently I've found a few (3 or4) where the same body types were able to achieve good results with smart lipo. I would like to know which surgery would give me the flat stomach and waistline I want (current waist 44" desired waist 34")

Abdominoplasty Candidacy

+2

You are distinctly not a candidate for any type of liposuction .  You are a good candidate for a tummy tuck.   Any type of liposuction will leave you with an uneven and unattractive abdomen.   Another option is weight loss, which at your young age would be ideal.   I prefer the Vaser System and feel it is infinitely more productive than any of the laser systems.   Always remember, in addition, that 90% of the worlds liposuction is done with just small cannulas and no high tech devices.  Believe me the end results are just as good with no technology whatsoever.    My best,  Dr Ch

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or lIpo?

+2

I think that lipo would not be beneficial because you already have a hanging pannus. Not knwoing your height and weight, but basing it solely on your photos, you probably need to lose weight first and get to your ideal weight before having a procedure.

Stomach

+2

I believe that a tummy tuck is best for you with all that extra skin. However, since you have never had children ,.you may not eant to do surgery now because a pregnancy would stretch out the muscles and skin again Just don't over estimate the laser lip[o results.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

I'm 31 Years Old with No Children, Would I Be a Better Candidate for Smart Lipo Than a Tummy Tuck?

+2

I think that there is a skin issue that will not be adequately corrected without a tummy tuck.  However, you could try to liposuction 5 liters first and then have a tummy tuck after having children.  I  thi nk that weight loss prior to any procedure would give you a better result.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Consult with a surgeon

+1

To get the best results it is ideal to meet with your surgeon during a consultation to get all your questions answered. During this time the surgeon will tell you which procedure will benefit you the most.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SmartLipo vs. Tummy Tuck

+1

Ideally, your best results wound come from weight loss and a tummy tuck.  However, since you have not had any children, you may want to hold off on the tummy tuck since pregnancy can restretch the muscle and skin.

A combiantion of Smart Lipo and weight loss would make a nice improvement but realize that you will need a tummy tuck in the future to remove the excess skin.

Rigo Mendoza, MD