3yrs post rhinoplasty, thick skin, did kenalog to help swelling. Still have asymmetry and round tip. Is Silikon a good solution?

Thinking of Silikon 1000 if thats a good solution? If so, Need the most experienced doc that believes my goals are achievable and can achieve them,seeking good permanent solution w/o surgery!! goals: 1) smaller/ more well defined tip softer not so round. Corrected upturn. 2) more symmetry in bridge esp sides-one indention, Left nostril larger leaning. How and who can help me achieve: smaller/ more defined/ softer/ more symmetrical nose throughout using Silikon??? Thanks.

Silikon 1000 As A Nasal Filler Is An Excellent Product

+1
It has been used over 50 years in the United States. Silikon 1000 is FDA approved for use inside the eyeball which, obviously, tells you that it is considered extremely safe. We use under the skin of the nose to correct a post rhinoplasty imperfection; it'sconsidered an "off-label" use. I am not sure, from your description and the photos, whether Silikon filler can solve all the problems, but certainly, when there is an indentation on one side, that would be helpful.It looks like the right tip of your nose is narrower than the left, and filling the right to match the left would seem very appropriate.Now, of course, adding a filler is not apt to make the nose "smaller," but yes, it helps with definition.It seems to me that there is a little dip above the tip that you do not like, which often is a tipoff to a slightly overdone rhinoplasty.Using a permanent filler would be an excellent remedy.I am not boasting, but my practice has 36 years experience using such fillers.It has been extremely gratifying to provide this service to patients, some of whom will get three, four, or even five prior rhinoplasties without achieving a successful outcome.Permanent fillers are not for everyone, and it takes an in-depth consultation with an experienced surgeon to make a decision if it is appropriate or not, but one little trick that is helpful is to have what is known as the "Kotler Saline Demo™."This is the process by which sterile saline is injected to the point of achieving the optimum outcome.The patient gets to see exactly what the filler is capable of.Photos are taken before and after.This "demo" "test drive" is kind of a sneak preview of the outcome and is very much appreciated by patients to see the one step above computer imaging.The reason is that one can see and feel the result from any and all views in the treatment chair.The saline demo as well as the filler is done after the nose has been topically anesthetized with an anesthetic cream.You might want to check out my website and see the long experience that my patients have with it, with plenty of before and after photos.This will give you a good hint if it may be appropriate for you.I do think that you should explore it, since, after three years and the Kenalog treatment, it is obvious that there is still a search for the optimal outcome.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Filler Post Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1

I am not s huge fan of silicone implants in the nose. The best you can do is to find a really skilled revision Rhinoplasty surgeon in your area and try to explain what you are looking for. A good surgeon will either send you away because they do not feel that the goals are achievable, or they will take on your case because they feel they have the skill set to make things right for you.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Filler does not seem to be the answer to your concerns

+1

Silikon 1000 is a permanent injectable filler. Fillers can be used effectively to correct indentations and minor asymmetries in the nose. Your goals of reducing the size of the nasal tip and increased definition would probably require surgery. I would recommend starting with a consultation and thorough review of photographs and previous procedures.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Do Not Think Silikon 1000 is a Good Solution

+1

Silikon 1000 in a permanent injectable filler that can be used for a non-surgical rhinoplasty. Fillers are good in the nose to fill depressions, minor asymmetries, or build of the dorsum. Fillers are not good to give definition to the nasal tip in a patient with thick skin. In review your pictures, I believe your best option to define your tip would be to undergo a revision rhinoplasty. The rhinoplasty must bring you nose out farther from you face, thin the nasal skin, and support the foundation of your nose.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

+1

In my judgment adding a filler, particularly Silikon 1000 is not a good idea and after a complete examination enhanced by photos to show me what you want to achieve, I could explain to you how we might obtain the look you want

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon