14 Days Post Op and my Drainage is Still Close To 100cc's?

My drainage in light pink in color and has some fat in it, is this normal

Drain outputs after a tummy tuck

+2

Thank you for your question. The drain outputs vary greatly after a tummy tuck. This can depend on such factors as the extent of the procedure, if liposuction was used, ect. It is not unheard of to have persistent drainage, even as much as 100cc's per day, after 14 days. Eventually, your body will be able to absorb what is being produced, and the drainage will diminish.

If you are concerned about the appearance of the drainage or the amounts, I would suggest being seen by your plastic surgeon. An examination by the surgeon who di the procedure is the best and only way to allay your concerns.

Best of luck with your continued recovery.

Jeff Rockmore

Albany Plastic Surgeon